The cold and snow have arrived and that means a season full of shoveling and potential backaches. To kick off its 25th anniversary, Elite Sports Clubs wants to make sure Milwaukeeans are prepared for all the shoveling with a ‘Snow Fitness’ program to teach proper warm-up and stretching techniques that can help minimize risk of common back injuries and other strains.
Mequon Elite Sports Club is hosting a free ‘Get Snow Fit’ class for the public at 7p.m. on Tuesday, January 18th at 11616 N. Port Washington Road to help Milwaukeeans learn the correct way to stretch and lift when shoveling as well as the best way to pace for this type of rigorous exercise. As part of its ‘Snow Fitness’ program, Elite is also offering a free tip sheet on correct shoveling preparation and technique which is available at www.eliteclubs.com.
“It’s that time of year when some people take their exercise level from O to 100 miles an hour when they pick up a snow shovel,” said Kay Yuspeh, owner of Elite Sports Clubs. “It’s so important to take a little extra time to learn the right way to stretch and prepare for this strenuous level of exercise so that you don’t spend much of the winter in pain.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College’s Poll Worker Project Wins State-wide Award
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Offers Remodeling Ideas To Add Warmth
- Local insurance agency wins an award
- Milwaukee's My Princess & Me - Mom & Daughter Day
- And the oscar goes to...
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 10 Members
- "RUN FOR YOUR WIFE" presented by Imagination Theatre
- How Do You Make It Funny...Comedy Secrets Revealed
- Red Phase Screech Owl Sighting at SANC!
- Big Magic Show March 8th to benefit Germantown Youth Futures