Stride And Glide Run, Walk, Wheelchair Roll And Ice Skate Event Supports Services For People With Disabilities
On March 5, 2011, the second annual Stride & Glide run, walk, wheelchair roll and ice skate event will fill the Pettit National Ice Center, 500 S. 84 St. in Milwaukee, to benefit IndependenceFirst. This family-friendly event is a great way to get active with the kids or achieve personal or team lap goals while supporting services and advocacy for individuals with disabilities.
Participants in the event will be helping ensure that IndependenceFirst can continue to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities who want to live independently. IndependenceFirst provides educational programs and independent living services, facilitates peer support groups and community advocacy, builds coalitions, provides recreational opportunities, and much more.
March 5, 2011 Stride & Glide Schedule
9 a.m. – 10 a.m. Registration
9:30 a.m. Stretching Demo
10 a.m. – Noon Run, Walk, Roll, or Skate
Noon – 1 p.m. Refreshments
New to the event this year is the team participation option. Get your friends, family, and colleagues together to have fun and challenge one another to meet personal fitness or fundraising goals.
Registration is a minimum pledge or contribution of $25 for adults (ages 12+) or $10 for kids (ages 4-11). Kids 3 and under are free (strollers welcome). All participants receive a long-sleeved t-shirt.
Register online by visiting www.active.com/donate/StrideGlide and clicking on “Register for this Event.” To register by phone or e-mail, please call (414) 226-8386 V/Relay or e-mail email@example.com. Please register by February 25, 2011.
Participants are encouraged to raise pledges to support the work that IndependenceFirst does to help individuals with disabilities live independently. There will be prizes for individuals raising $100 or more in pledges, as well as a prize for the team that raises the most pledges. Participants can customize their own personal and team fundraising pages after registering for the event online. Participants can also raise funds offline using a paper pledge form.
Hope to see you on March 5!
- OPEN HOUSE – Learn about Volunteer Opportunities at Ozaukee Family Services
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- J&B Construction Explains Ways to Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Wine Women Word
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- U.S. Cellular Sponsors Mequon Little League: Sponsorship includes more than $75,000 in needed gear for six Wisconsin youth leagues