Stride And Glide Run, Walk, Wheelchair Roll And Ice Skate Event Supports Services For People With Disabilities
On March 5, 2011, the second annual Stride & Glide run, walk, wheelchair roll and ice skate event will fill the Pettit National Ice Center, 500 S. 84 St. in Milwaukee, to benefit IndependenceFirst. This family-friendly event is a great way to get active with the kids or achieve personal or team lap goals while supporting services and advocacy for individuals with disabilities.
Participants in the event will be helping ensure that IndependenceFirst can continue to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities who want to live independently. IndependenceFirst provides educational programs and independent living services, facilitates peer support groups and community advocacy, builds coalitions, provides recreational opportunities, and much more.
March 5, 2011 Stride & Glide Schedule
9 a.m. – 10 a.m. Registration
9:30 a.m. Stretching Demo
10 a.m. – Noon Run, Walk, Roll, or Skate
Noon – 1 p.m. Refreshments
New to the event this year is the team participation option. Get your friends, family, and colleagues together to have fun and challenge one another to meet personal fitness or fundraising goals.
Registration is a minimum pledge or contribution of $25 for adults (ages 12+) or $10 for kids (ages 4-11). Kids 3 and under are free (strollers welcome). All participants receive a long-sleeved t-shirt.
Register online by visiting www.active.com/donate/StrideGlide and clicking on “Register for this Event.” To register by phone or e-mail, please call (414) 226-8386 V/Relay or e-mail email@example.com. Please register by February 25, 2011.
Participants are encouraged to raise pledges to support the work that IndependenceFirst does to help individuals with disabilities live independently. There will be prizes for individuals raising $100 or more in pledges, as well as a prize for the team that raises the most pledges. Participants can customize their own personal and team fundraising pages after registering for the event online. Participants can also raise funds offline using a paper pledge form.
Hope to see you on March 5!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Ozaukee Family Services Applauds Local Businesses for their Generosity
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Allrite Home & Remodeling Wins Milwaukee/NARI Gold Award
- Alverno College Exceeds $30 Million Capital Campaign Goal
- Bartelt Named "Best of Houzz 2015"
- Free Financial Counseling Sessions Being Offered By The Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Through March 2015.
- Free Financial Literacy Workshops Being Offered by the Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Through March 2015
- Healthcare Training Grant Opportunities
- Bartelt Wins Two Gold Wisconsin Remodeler of the Year Awards