Stride And Glide Run, Walk, Wheelchair Roll And Ice Skate Event Supports Services For People With Disabilities
On March 5, 2011, the second annual Stride & Glide run, walk, wheelchair roll and ice skate event will fill the Pettit National Ice Center, 500 S. 84 St. in Milwaukee, to benefit IndependenceFirst. This family-friendly event is a great way to get active with the kids or achieve personal or team lap goals while supporting services and advocacy for individuals with disabilities.
Participants in the event will be helping ensure that IndependenceFirst can continue to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities who want to live independently. IndependenceFirst provides educational programs and independent living services, facilitates peer support groups and community advocacy, builds coalitions, provides recreational opportunities, and much more.
March 5, 2011 Stride & Glide Schedule
9 a.m. – 10 a.m. Registration
9:30 a.m. Stretching Demo
10 a.m. – Noon Run, Walk, Roll, or Skate
Noon – 1 p.m. Refreshments
New to the event this year is the team participation option. Get your friends, family, and colleagues together to have fun and challenge one another to meet personal fitness or fundraising goals.
Registration is a minimum pledge or contribution of $25 for adults (ages 12+) or $10 for kids (ages 4-11). Kids 3 and under are free (strollers welcome). All participants receive a long-sleeved t-shirt.
Register online by visiting www.active.com/donate/StrideGlide and clicking on “Register for this Event.” To register by phone or e-mail, please call (414) 226-8386 V/Relay or e-mail email@example.com. Please register by February 25, 2011.
Participants are encouraged to raise pledges to support the work that IndependenceFirst does to help individuals with disabilities live independently. There will be prizes for individuals raising $100 or more in pledges, as well as a prize for the team that raises the most pledges. Participants can customize their own personal and team fundraising pages after registering for the event online. Participants can also raise funds offline using a paper pledge form.
Hope to see you on March 5!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- An Evening With Eugene Schulz
- Joseph Klucarich attends 75th Class Reunion
- Fall Remodeling Show Features PBS Chef & Home Improvement Experts
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- Join The Fire Bells - See Us at Thiensville Safety Day
- Volunteer Opportunities in Our Community
- Build Your Talent Pipeline at the Workforce Development Center’s Autumn Recruitment Fair
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Alverno College highest in the state in its “Strong Commitment to Teaching” category for the fifth consecutive year
- Trustmark Foundation makes donation to Ozaukee Family Services
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th