Sport: Girls Basketball
With their 60-52 win over rival Shoreland Lutheran on February 24th, the Lady Knights wrapped up the Midwest Classic Conference title. In this highly anticipated showdown, four Dominican players scored in double figures. Dilonna Johnson led the way with 17 points, including four key three-pointers. Right behind her were Deysha Smith-Jenkins (16 points), Mishayla Jones (15 points) and Brionna Simmons (10 points). Smith-Jenkins also grabbed 12 rebounds, recorded four blocks and had five steals in the win.
On February 26th the girls beat Racine Lutheran, 63-37 behind another stellar shooting night for Johnson. The junior guard finished with 22 points, which included another four three-pointers. Smith-Jenkins added 18 points and Jones had 12 for the Lady Knights.
In a tough non-conference match-up on February 28th, Dominican made a strong statement against a very good Lomira team. The 59-42 win marked the girls’ 20th victory of the season. For the third consecutive game, Johnson drained 4 three-point shots en route to 23 points total. Smith-Jenkins continued her domination as she posted 21 points and 19 rebounds.
In off-the-court news, the Lady Knights were awarded a number 1 seed for the Division 3 playoffs over the weekend. The girls will face the winner of the Palmyra-Eagle/University School game on Friday, March 11th at 7:00 p.m. in the DHS gym.
Sport: Boys Basketball
The Knights finished the regular season in exciting fashion with a thrilling 43-42 victory over Racine Lutheran on February 25th. With six seconds left, Iman Johnson sank the game-winning jumper to propel Dominican to its sixteenth conference victory of the season. Duane Wilson scored a game-high 13 points and Johnson grabbed 13 rebounds. The Knights ended the 2010-2011 regular season with a 19-3 overall record (16-0 in conference) and are ranked fifth in the area by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Their first regional game will be on Friday March 4th at 7:00 p.m. in the DHS gym.
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Free Workshops for Parents of Teens/Adolescents
- Concordia University Wisconsin Offers Safe Disposal of Prescription Drugs
- Some of the finest one of a kind Jewelry can be found at Purloin Studio
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Hair cuts for Ayla
- Alverno College Cancels Classes For One Day So Students Can Volunteer
- New Sailor on the Block