Sport: Girls Basketball
With their 60-52 win over rival Shoreland Lutheran on February 24th, the Lady Knights wrapped up the Midwest Classic Conference title. In this highly anticipated showdown, four Dominican players scored in double figures. Dilonna Johnson led the way with 17 points, including four key three-pointers. Right behind her were Deysha Smith-Jenkins (16 points), Mishayla Jones (15 points) and Brionna Simmons (10 points). Smith-Jenkins also grabbed 12 rebounds, recorded four blocks and had five steals in the win.
On February 26th the girls beat Racine Lutheran, 63-37 behind another stellar shooting night for Johnson. The junior guard finished with 22 points, which included another four three-pointers. Smith-Jenkins added 18 points and Jones had 12 for the Lady Knights.
In a tough non-conference match-up on February 28th, Dominican made a strong statement against a very good Lomira team. The 59-42 win marked the girls’ 20th victory of the season. For the third consecutive game, Johnson drained 4 three-point shots en route to 23 points total. Smith-Jenkins continued her domination as she posted 21 points and 19 rebounds.
In off-the-court news, the Lady Knights were awarded a number 1 seed for the Division 3 playoffs over the weekend. The girls will face the winner of the Palmyra-Eagle/University School game on Friday, March 11th at 7:00 p.m. in the DHS gym.
Sport: Boys Basketball
The Knights finished the regular season in exciting fashion with a thrilling 43-42 victory over Racine Lutheran on February 25th. With six seconds left, Iman Johnson sank the game-winning jumper to propel Dominican to its sixteenth conference victory of the season. Duane Wilson scored a game-high 13 points and Johnson grabbed 13 rebounds. The Knights ended the 2010-2011 regular season with a 19-3 overall record (16-0 in conference) and are ranked fifth in the area by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Their first regional game will be on Friday March 4th at 7:00 p.m. in the DHS gym.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Voting YES on the MTSD referendum is the right thing to do
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Achieves Ameriprise Private Wealth Advisor Status
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Advises Travelers to Take Precautions Against Bed Bugs this Spring Travel Season
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Acacia Theatre Present "Great Expectations" at Concordia University
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser