As a part of Rotary Literacy Month, Concordia University Wisconsin is supporting the Mequon-Thiensville Sunrise Rotary Club and the Thiensville-Mequon Rotary Club who are sponsoring a Book Drive through March 15. Books of all types may be dropped off at Harris Bank locations in Mequon and Thiensville, Mequon City Hall (south vestibule), and the MATC North Campus in Mequon.
Contributions will support the Columbia St. Mary’s Reach Out and Read program, Advocates, Clement Zablocki Veterans Administration Hospital, Ozaukee County Jail Literacy Program, and other deserving organizations.
For questions or additional information about the event, please contact Lee Szymborski at firstname.lastname@example.org or (262) 243-9099.
Literacy is a critical skill needed in the health and well being in any community. By providing books to people in need, one helps to give them the ability to learn and communicate effectively. In 1985, Rotary declared basic literacy to be a pre-condition to the development of peace. Through this organizational emphasis, more than half of the world's 33,000 Rotary clubs address the full range of literacy and mathematical challenges for primary, vocational and adult learners as well as teacher training.
Rotary’s 1.2 million members provide humanitarian service, high ethical standards, and goodwill and peace throughout the world. Mequon-Thiensville clubs serve our local community and participate in service worldwide. To learn more about Rotary and this and other events and fundraisers, please check us out online at www.mtsunriserotary.org or feel free to talk to any Rotary member.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Advent Festival at North Shore Congregational Church
- Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Annex Wealth Management Expands to Mequon
- Hear Ye, Hear Ye, The Bells are Ringing!
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- Northshore Physical Therapy Offers Free Pain/Injury Screenings with Humane Society Donations
- Journey to Bethlehem at Whitefish Bay United Methodist
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Winter Fun for Everyone in Mequon
- MECA's Angels for Animals