Girl Scouts And Hallman Lindsay Paints Support The Friends Of Boerner Botanical Gardens
Refreshing our environments in spring is something everyone looks forward to after a long Wisconsin winter. On March 26th, the Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast Leadership Groups took on both the spring projects of painting and gardening when they painted rain barrels for Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens.
Rain barrels are the newest version of the ancient practice of harvesting rain to water plants and nurture gardens during dry weeks of the growing season. At both the New Berlin and Milwaukee locations, over fifty Girl Scouts spent their afternoon hand painting four rain barrels under the theme of "April Showers Bring May Flowers” with paint donated by Hallman Lindsay Paints. These colorful rain barrels will be raffled off at Boerner Botanical Gardens in the gift shop to support Children's Plant Science Programs. Until they are raffled off, they will be on display in the gift shop to promote the use of rain barrels to visitors of the Gardens.
“This is an exciting new event for us, and so far, it has been a great success,” says Jennifer Schmitz of the Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens. “The Girl Scouts have done a fantastic job making these barrels an attractive addition to any garden. All of our paint and supplies from the project were donated by Hallman Lindsay Paints in Wauwatosa. We were glad to have such a great local company as a partner with this project.”
To win one of these fully functional rain barrels, stop by to see them on display and purchase a raffle ticket starting this weekend, on April 8th for $5.00 each or 5 for $20.00. The drawing will be held in the store on May 15th. Please call the gift shop at 414-525-5664 for hours.
About Boerner Botanical Gardens
Boerner Botanical Gardens is located at off of Highway 45 in Hales Corners. It has been part of the Milwaukee County Parks System since 1937 and the Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens has been in existence for 27 years. See the web site: www.boernerbotanicalgardens.org for hours, calendar of events and admission prices.
About Hallman Lindsay Paints
Hallman Lindsay Paints has been serving homeowners and professional painters in the Wauwatosa community on North Avenue for twenty years. Hallman Lindsay Paints makes paint in Wisconsin for Wisconsin with 22 locations across the state and a factory and factory store in Sun Prairie, WI. Paint from Hallman Lindsay can be found in Miller Park, the Milwaukee Art Museum, the Harley-Davidson Museum and thousands of homes across Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Converters and Packaging Suppliers Invited to Attend the Label & Package Printing Industry Day, June 25, in Milwaukee
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- Volunteer Opportunities in Our Community
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Achieves Ameriprise Circle of Success Recognition, Five Star Wealth Management Award
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help