With the increased awareness and annual growth of the Mequon-Thiensville Community 5K Run/Walk being held on May 22, 2011 at 9:00 am at Homestead High School, organizers are hoping to top last year attendance and break the 1,000 mark for runners and walkers. This event is a fundraiser in support of the Mequon-Theinsville Education Foundation which provides funding for educational programs within the school district.
"Given the significant increase in the amount of sponsors of this years event and the way it has been growing each year, we are projecting a significant increase in participants on race day." said Betsey Woody, who is one of the co-chairs of this years event. "This event has become very popular in the community and many now count on this race as a family friendly way to spend a Sunday morning."
Sponsors of this years event include Elite Sports Club at the Gold sponsorship level. Aurora Sports Medicine is one of the Silver sponsors. There is at total of over 30 sponsors of the event including in-kind sponsors like Express Promotions. The increase in sponsorship has also led to increase awareness of the event within the community.
Registration is now available on line at www.mtef.org/run_walk_registration. Day of registration begins at 7:30 am at HHS where the race starts and finishes. There is also a 100m Kids dash at 10:00 am and awards will be given for each age group at 10:15 am. All our encouraged to participate.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journey to Bethlehem at Whitefish Bay United Methodist
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Winter Fun for Everyone in Mequon
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Festival of Trees
- Mequon Resident Performs in Acacia Theatre Company’s “Advent of Redemption”
- Concordia University Receives $50,000 for Health Mobile Program
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- Catholic Charities Offers Five Ideas on How to Slow Down and Enjoy the Holidays