WANTED: Prom, Homecoming, or Formal Dresses
The Cinderella Project-Milwaukee
“Every girl deserves to be a Princess”
Mequon’s Homestead High School’s Prom Committee is looking for your gently worn prom or formal dresses, jewelry, shoes and purses. The Gadzuric Foundation created the Cinderella Project MKE, which is a non-profit organization that collects donations of formal dresses and accessories and donates them to financially disadvantaged high school students in the Milwaukee area.
“Times are tough right now and prom gets expensive. I know many of my friends still have their prom dresses from last year or have been in weddings and their dresses will never be worn again and are just collecting dust, so I thought why not start a prom dress drive where they can get used again by girls in the Milwaukee area who can’t afford an expensive prom dress,” said Lauren Holtz, Homestead High School Junior. “It would be great if we could reach our goal of collecting 100 dresses,” said Alex Holtz, also a junior at Homestead High School.
Gowns should be in "almost new" condition. Please have them dry-cleaned, if possible. Shoes, purses and other accessories are also welcomed. Donations can be made on April 25th-May 6th from 7:30am-3:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Donation Drop off Location: Homestead High School 5000 W. Mequon Rd. 112., Mequon, WI 53092. There will be barrels to put your donation in at the main entrance of the high school.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Francis Borgia Parish Hosts 'Breakfast with Baby Jesus' to House of Peace
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Smart Choice MRI Opens New Location in Waukesha County
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Mequon United Methodist Church Christmas Cantata - What a Gift
- Girl's Lacrosse Registration Now Open
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- City of Glendale to celebrate annual Menorah Lighting Ceremony at Bayshore Town Center
- 23rd Annual Homestead High School Holiday Celebration
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Home Improvement Ideas For Hosting The Holidays