Concordia University Wisconsin will break ground on its new baseball stadium on Tuesday May 3 at 1:30 p.m. at the site of the current baseball field on Concordia’s Mequon campus. As part of the celebration, ESPN Radio - Milwaukee will do live broadcasts between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. from the groundbreaking site.
The new stadium is slated to be completed by next spring and will be equipped with synthetic turf, similar to Concordia’s football, soccer, and softball fields, which allows for proper drainage.
“We eagerly anticipate the completion of the project,” noted longtime Head Coach of Concordia Men’s Baseball Team, Val Keiper. “This spring the team has only been able to practice on the current field twice. Preparing the field to practice or play next season will be reduced to simply pulling the tarp off the mound,” Keiper added.
Tuesday’s groundbreaking at 1:30 p.m. is open to the entire community and will be immediately followed by a reception in the Concordia Center for Environmental Stewardship adjacent to the baseball field. A scheduled non-conference game between Concordia and Elmhurst College will take place at 3:30 p.m., weather permitting.
- Charter Manufacturing Purchases Mequon Office Building
- Mequon Resident is all Smiles at Froedtert Hospital
- Volunteer Center community volunteering
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Wauwatosa West Class of 2001 Reunion
- LOOKING FOR OLD GLENDALE POLICE VOLUNTEERS
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- Public Meeting About Lake Michigan Water Levels and Bluff Failure
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Art and Nature Provide the Backdrop for Artists in the Garden At the Boerner Botanical Gardens, August 20 and 21, 2016