Concordia University Wisconsin will break ground on its new baseball stadium on Tuesday May 3 at 1:30 p.m. at the site of the current baseball field on Concordia’s Mequon campus. As part of the celebration, ESPN Radio - Milwaukee will do live broadcasts between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. from the groundbreaking site.
The new stadium is slated to be completed by next spring and will be equipped with synthetic turf, similar to Concordia’s football, soccer, and softball fields, which allows for proper drainage.
“We eagerly anticipate the completion of the project,” noted longtime Head Coach of Concordia Men’s Baseball Team, Val Keiper. “This spring the team has only been able to practice on the current field twice. Preparing the field to practice or play next season will be reduced to simply pulling the tarp off the mound,” Keiper added.
Tuesday’s groundbreaking at 1:30 p.m. is open to the entire community and will be immediately followed by a reception in the Concordia Center for Environmental Stewardship adjacent to the baseball field. A scheduled non-conference game between Concordia and Elmhurst College will take place at 3:30 p.m., weather permitting.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- WORLD HUNGER RELIEF EVENT
- Expert Plumbers Advise Homeowners to Monitor Sump Pump during Weather Warm Up
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- March events!
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- Health on the Go: New Tools are Helping Consumers Make Better Health Care Decisions
- Katie Wilson, Mequon Resident and Homestead Senior to represent the USA in the 2015 FIS Junior World Snowboard Championships in China
- Concordia University Hosts 'Career Night' at its Five Milwaukee Area Centers on March 19 at 6 p.m.
- Dragonfly Meditation Studio Opens in Mequon
- Elite Sports Clubs Glendale Offers Free ‘Yoga/Meditation for Sleep’ Class in March