Concordia University Wisconsin will break ground on its new baseball stadium on Tuesday May 3 at 1:30 p.m. at the site of the current baseball field on Concordia’s Mequon campus. As part of the celebration, ESPN Radio - Milwaukee will do live broadcasts between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. from the groundbreaking site.
The new stadium is slated to be completed by next spring and will be equipped with synthetic turf, similar to Concordia’s football, soccer, and softball fields, which allows for proper drainage.
“We eagerly anticipate the completion of the project,” noted longtime Head Coach of Concordia Men’s Baseball Team, Val Keiper. “This spring the team has only been able to practice on the current field twice. Preparing the field to practice or play next season will be reduced to simply pulling the tarp off the mound,” Keiper added.
Tuesday’s groundbreaking at 1:30 p.m. is open to the entire community and will be immediately followed by a reception in the Concordia Center for Environmental Stewardship adjacent to the baseball field. A scheduled non-conference game between Concordia and Elmhurst College will take place at 3:30 p.m., weather permitting.
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Free Workshops for Parents of Teens/Adolescents
- Concordia University Wisconsin Offers Safe Disposal of Prescription Drugs
- Some of the finest one of a kind Jewelry can be found at Purloin Studio
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Hair cuts for Ayla
- Alverno College Cancels Classes For One Day So Students Can Volunteer
- New Sailor on the Block