Concordia University Wisconsin will break ground on its new baseball stadium on Tuesday May 3 at 1:30 p.m. at the site of the current baseball field on Concordia’s Mequon campus. As part of the celebration, ESPN Radio - Milwaukee will do live broadcasts between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. from the groundbreaking site.
The new stadium is slated to be completed by next spring and will be equipped with synthetic turf, similar to Concordia’s football, soccer, and softball fields, which allows for proper drainage.
“We eagerly anticipate the completion of the project,” noted longtime Head Coach of Concordia Men’s Baseball Team, Val Keiper. “This spring the team has only been able to practice on the current field twice. Preparing the field to practice or play next season will be reduced to simply pulling the tarp off the mound,” Keiper added.
Tuesday’s groundbreaking at 1:30 p.m. is open to the entire community and will be immediately followed by a reception in the Concordia Center for Environmental Stewardship adjacent to the baseball field. A scheduled non-conference game between Concordia and Elmhurst College will take place at 3:30 p.m., weather permitting.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Smart Choice MRI Opens New Location in Waukesha County
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Mequon United Methodist Church Christmas Cantata - What a Gift
- Girl's Lacrosse Registration Now Open
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- City of Glendale to celebrate annual Menorah Lighting Ceremony at Bayshore Town Center
- 23rd Annual Homestead High School Holiday Celebration
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Home Improvement Ideas For Hosting The Holidays
- Building Futures Graduation set for December 16
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive