For the past fifteen years the Rotary Club of Milwaukee/North Shore has presented to 14 outstanding boy and girl students
From 7 North Shore High Schools, their “Service Above Self” awards. On May 23, 2011,the Rotary Club recognized at the 4Points Sheraton, not only their high grade marks, attendance, and involvement in sports and various committees, but just as importantly, their time given to working community hours, raising funds for needy groups, working with seniors, feeding the homeless, and many other worthy causes. They were presented with a Certificate, a monetary gift, and engraved plates to be put on plaques posted in their schools. These special Awards were sponsored by the Evan and Marion Helfaer Foundation and by the North Shore Rotary Club.
Rotary is today, the first (1905) and largest service organization in the world, with over 1,300,000 members worldwide, in 33,000 clubs, in over 200 countries. Its main mission is “Service Above Self” and in effect, these students become a direct link, early in life, to increasing Rotary’s capacity to provide service to all, which speaks to the heart of Rotary’s mission. They enjoy incomparable fellowship with one another and the great personal satisfaction that comes from serving others.
These students have shown that they will be our leaders of the future, and to give them this recognition will hopefully help them to continue this positive path they have begun early in their lives.
We are proud to recognize the following Award Recipients:
Brown Deer HS – Kristin Gosse and Evan Naber
Dominican HS – Amelia Foss and Sam Starke
Homestead HS – Wendy Gao, Nikhil Ramnarayan
Nicolet HS – Rachel Wilkinson and Sahar Edalatpour
Shorewood HS - Jennifer Tasse and Alexander McMurtry
University School – Ivy McKee and Ishan Sinha
Whitefish Bay HS – Sophie Martin and Matthew Frick
Respectfully submitted – Owen Perry - President, Rotary Club of Milwaukee/North Shore
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Smart Choice MRI Opens New Location in Waukesha County
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Mequon United Methodist Church Christmas Cantata - What a Gift
- Girl's Lacrosse Registration Now Open
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- City of Glendale to celebrate annual Menorah Lighting Ceremony at Bayshore Town Center
- 23rd Annual Homestead High School Holiday Celebration
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Home Improvement Ideas For Hosting The Holidays
- Building Futures Graduation set for December 16
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive