For the past fifteen years the Rotary Club of Milwaukee/North Shore has presented to 14 outstanding boy and girl students
From 7 North Shore High Schools, their “Service Above Self” awards. On May 23, 2011,the Rotary Club recognized at the 4Points Sheraton, not only their high grade marks, attendance, and involvement in sports and various committees, but just as importantly, their time given to working community hours, raising funds for needy groups, working with seniors, feeding the homeless, and many other worthy causes. They were presented with a Certificate, a monetary gift, and engraved plates to be put on plaques posted in their schools. These special Awards were sponsored by the Evan and Marion Helfaer Foundation and by the North Shore Rotary Club.
Rotary is today, the first (1905) and largest service organization in the world, with over 1,300,000 members worldwide, in 33,000 clubs, in over 200 countries. Its main mission is “Service Above Self” and in effect, these students become a direct link, early in life, to increasing Rotary’s capacity to provide service to all, which speaks to the heart of Rotary’s mission. They enjoy incomparable fellowship with one another and the great personal satisfaction that comes from serving others.
These students have shown that they will be our leaders of the future, and to give them this recognition will hopefully help them to continue this positive path they have begun early in their lives.
We are proud to recognize the following Award Recipients:
Brown Deer HS – Kristin Gosse and Evan Naber
Dominican HS – Amelia Foss and Sam Starke
Homestead HS – Wendy Gao, Nikhil Ramnarayan
Nicolet HS – Rachel Wilkinson and Sahar Edalatpour
Shorewood HS - Jennifer Tasse and Alexander McMurtry
University School – Ivy McKee and Ishan Sinha
Whitefish Bay HS – Sophie Martin and Matthew Frick
Respectfully submitted – Owen Perry - President, Rotary Club of Milwaukee/North Shore
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Volunteer Opportunities in Our Community
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Achieves Ameriprise Circle of Success Recognition, Five Star Wealth Management Award
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- JCC ART LAB "LIVING WATERS" ART SHOW OPEN JUNE 4TH
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23