For the past fifteen years the Rotary Club of Milwaukee/North Shore has presented to 14 outstanding boy and girl students
From 7 North Shore High Schools, their “Service Above Self” awards. On May 23, 2011,the Rotary Club recognized at the 4Points Sheraton, not only their high grade marks, attendance, and involvement in sports and various committees, but just as importantly, their time given to working community hours, raising funds for needy groups, working with seniors, feeding the homeless, and many other worthy causes. They were presented with a Certificate, a monetary gift, and engraved plates to be put on plaques posted in their schools. These special Awards were sponsored by the Evan and Marion Helfaer Foundation and by the North Shore Rotary Club.
Rotary is today, the first (1905) and largest service organization in the world, with over 1,300,000 members worldwide, in 33,000 clubs, in over 200 countries. Its main mission is “Service Above Self” and in effect, these students become a direct link, early in life, to increasing Rotary’s capacity to provide service to all, which speaks to the heart of Rotary’s mission. They enjoy incomparable fellowship with one another and the great personal satisfaction that comes from serving others.
These students have shown that they will be our leaders of the future, and to give them this recognition will hopefully help them to continue this positive path they have begun early in their lives.
We are proud to recognize the following Award Recipients:
Brown Deer HS – Kristin Gosse and Evan Naber
Dominican HS – Amelia Foss and Sam Starke
Homestead HS – Wendy Gao, Nikhil Ramnarayan
Nicolet HS – Rachel Wilkinson and Sahar Edalatpour
Shorewood HS - Jennifer Tasse and Alexander McMurtry
University School – Ivy McKee and Ishan Sinha
Whitefish Bay HS – Sophie Martin and Matthew Frick
Respectfully submitted – Owen Perry - President, Rotary Club of Milwaukee/North Shore
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Homestead's Jerrod Walton selected as the top high school senior to play in the 2014 WBCA All Star Game.
- Spring Concert "Stars" featuring Julia Simpson
- Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes to Visit Mequon
- WOW Workforce Development Board Receives State Performance Award
- Mount Mary University Presents Fashion BOOT Camp
- Gov. Scott Walker Reelection Speech April 15, 2015
- Big Spring Book Sale Set for Falls Library
- Newcastle Place completes 1,449.6 miles of cardiovascular activity as part of nationwide challenge for seniors
- North Shore Easter Egg Hunt Celebrates 44 Years of Bringing Joy to Children and Families
- Kids Rule Academy Recognized as Wisconsin’s Newest Elite Pre-School and Day Care Center