Whitefish Bay, WI – Balistreri Owned and Operated Sendik's Food Markets (the Red Bag Sendik's) confirmed today that they will bring their upscale shopping experience to the residents of West Bend and surrounding communities. The location of the approximately 50,000 square foot store will be 230 North 18th Avenue, West Bend, in the former Sears Grand building. The building will be completely renovated with space for additional tenants. The projected opening is mid October.
The West Bend Sendik's will boost employment in the area. Patrick Balistreri, who owns Sendik's, along with brothers Nick and Ted, and sister, Margaret Harris, says 160 employees will staff the new store. The majority of the new associates will be from the West Bend area. Overall, Sendik's employs 1,500.
"Our reputation is built on high-quality products and selection along with impeccable service from our associates. We recruit, train, and promote only the best employees to enhance the entire grocery shopping experience," said Patrick Balistreri.
This will be the 10th Sendik's location for the family-owned and operated Balistreri Sendik's. Known as the "Red Bag" Sendik's for the distinctive reusable red bag it offers, other locations are Whitefish Bay, Wauwatosa, Mequon, Grafton, Elm Grove, Franklin, Greenfield, Germantown, and New Berlin.
Patrick Balistreri concluded, "West Bend is an awesome community and we couldn't be more pleased to be able to provide our quality food offerings and unparalleled service."
- OPEN HOUSE – Learn about Volunteer Opportunities at Ozaukee Family Services
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- J&B Construction Explains Ways to Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Wine Women Word
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- U.S. Cellular Sponsors Mequon Little League: Sponsorship includes more than $75,000 in needed gear for six Wisconsin youth leagues