Whitefish Bay, WI – Balistreri Owned and Operated Sendik's Food Markets (the Red Bag Sendik's) confirmed today that they will bring their upscale shopping experience to the residents of West Bend and surrounding communities. The location of the approximately 50,000 square foot store will be 230 North 18th Avenue, West Bend, in the former Sears Grand building. The building will be completely renovated with space for additional tenants. The projected opening is mid October.
The West Bend Sendik's will boost employment in the area. Patrick Balistreri, who owns Sendik's, along with brothers Nick and Ted, and sister, Margaret Harris, says 160 employees will staff the new store. The majority of the new associates will be from the West Bend area. Overall, Sendik's employs 1,500.
"Our reputation is built on high-quality products and selection along with impeccable service from our associates. We recruit, train, and promote only the best employees to enhance the entire grocery shopping experience," said Patrick Balistreri.
This will be the 10th Sendik's location for the family-owned and operated Balistreri Sendik's. Known as the "Red Bag" Sendik's for the distinctive reusable red bag it offers, other locations are Whitefish Bay, Wauwatosa, Mequon, Grafton, Elm Grove, Franklin, Greenfield, Germantown, and New Berlin.
Patrick Balistreri concluded, "West Bend is an awesome community and we couldn't be more pleased to be able to provide our quality food offerings and unparalleled service."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Festival of Trees
- Mequon Resident Performs in Acacia Theatre Company’s “Advent of Redemption”
- Concordia University Receives $50,000 for Health Mobile Program
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- Catholic Charities Offers Five Ideas on How to Slow Down and Enjoy the Holidays
- Santa Visits Granville in Milwaukee on December 14
- Concordia University Wisconsin Supports Typhoon Haiyan Relief Efforts
- The Bay Players Announces Cast for Beau Jest by James Sherman