Mequon resident Carol Butzke will offer written quilt appraisals at the upcoming Quilt Expo in Madison. Butzke is certified by the American Quilter’s Society as an appraiser of quilted textiles and is a member of the Professional Association of Appraisers –– Quilted Textiles.
Availability for appraisals is limited and by appointment only. Register at wiquiltexpo.com on the Web.
Butzke also will serve as a judge for the event’s 10-category quilt contest.
The Quilt Expo, presented by Wisconsin Public Television (WPT) and Nancy Zieman Productions LLC, runs 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 8 through Saturday, Sept. 10 in the Exhibition Hall at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison.
The event provides educational opportunities for quilters but also draws non-quilters who enjoy viewing hundreds of exquisite quilts on exhibit.
Additional highlights are a vendor mall representing more than 150 national and regional companies, educational lectures, workshops, stage presentations by industry leaders, appearances by Nancy Zieman of public television’s Sewing With Nancy®, a community service project and two evening events.
For complete details and to pre-register for lectures, workshops and evening events, or to purchase advance tickets, visit wiquiltexpo.com on the Web or phone 866-297-6545.
Funding for Quilt Expo is provided by Nancy’s Notions®, Baby Lock, Janome, It’s for Quilting Etc., Koala Studios, Husqvarna Viking, Pfaff, Fons & Porter’s Love of Quilting, Bernina and Elna.
WPT is a service of the Educational Communications Board and University of Wisconsin-Extension.
Wisconsin Public Television is a place to grow through learning on WHA-TV, Madison; WPNE-TV/TV, Green Bay; WHRM-TV, Wausau; WLEF-TV/TV, Park Falls; WHLA-TV, La Crosse; and WHWC-TV, Menomonie-Eau Claire.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journey to Bethlehem at Whitefish Bay United Methodist
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Winter Fun for Everyone in Mequon
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Festival of Trees
- Mequon Resident Performs in Acacia Theatre Company’s “Advent of Redemption”
- Concordia University Receives $50,000 for Health Mobile Program
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- Art of Wellness Chiropractic's Annual Holiday Food Drive