Concordia University Wisconsin’s School of Business and Legal Studies recently announced its new Undergraduate Sport & Recreation Management program. Students will be immersed in a learning environment that balances the integration of Sport & Recreation Management theory with practical application.
Additionally, activation of Academic Service Learning through Servant Leadership opportunities with the curriculum and program activities will be central to fulfilling CUW’s value-centered mission of developing students in mind, body, and spirit for service to Christ in the Church and world.
The Chair of the program, Joey-Lynn Bialkowski, is originally from Canada and has a B.A. in Sport Management from Brock University in St. Catherines, Ontario. She earned a Master’s Degree in Sport Administration with MBA from Canisius College in Buffalo, New York and is currently pursuing a Doctoral Degree in Sport Management Leadership Administration from Concordia University Chicago. Bialkowski’s primary responsibilities will be to teach, administratively grow the program, and coordinate internships, as well as community partnerships, that will enhance the breadth of the program.
“Accompanied by CUW’s palpable drive for forward movement and commitment to growing Athletic programs and facilities, Sport & Recreation Management majors/minors will experience excellence both in and out of the classroom,” says Bialkowski.
“Sports are big business, and we have found the right person with Bialkowski to grow this program,” says Dean of the School of Business and Legal Studies at CUW, Dr. David Borst. “We have had good success in getting students positions in professional athletics and Bialkowski has a history in professional athletics, but there are also many opportunities in semi-pro, club, municipal, and academia where sports professionals are needed,” added Dr. Borst.
For more information on Concordia University Wisconsin, contact the University at (262) 243-4300 or visit its Web site at www.cuw.edu.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Ozaukee Family Services Applauds Local Businesses for their Generosity
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Allrite Home & Remodeling Wins Milwaukee/NARI Gold Award
- Alverno College Exceeds $30 Million Capital Campaign Goal
- Bartelt Named "Best of Houzz 2015"
- Free Financial Counseling Sessions Being Offered By The Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Through March 2015.
- Free Financial Literacy Workshops Being Offered by the Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Through March 2015
- Healthcare Training Grant Opportunities
- Bartelt Wins Two Gold Wisconsin Remodeler of the Year Awards