Concordia University Wisconsin’s School of Business and Legal Studies recently announced its new Undergraduate Sport & Recreation Management program. Students will be immersed in a learning environment that balances the integration of Sport & Recreation Management theory with practical application.
Additionally, activation of Academic Service Learning through Servant Leadership opportunities with the curriculum and program activities will be central to fulfilling CUW’s value-centered mission of developing students in mind, body, and spirit for service to Christ in the Church and world.
The Chair of the program, Joey-Lynn Bialkowski, is originally from Canada and has a B.A. in Sport Management from Brock University in St. Catherines, Ontario. She earned a Master’s Degree in Sport Administration with MBA from Canisius College in Buffalo, New York and is currently pursuing a Doctoral Degree in Sport Management Leadership Administration from Concordia University Chicago. Bialkowski’s primary responsibilities will be to teach, administratively grow the program, and coordinate internships, as well as community partnerships, that will enhance the breadth of the program.
“Accompanied by CUW’s palpable drive for forward movement and commitment to growing Athletic programs and facilities, Sport & Recreation Management majors/minors will experience excellence both in and out of the classroom,” says Bialkowski.
“Sports are big business, and we have found the right person with Bialkowski to grow this program,” says Dean of the School of Business and Legal Studies at CUW, Dr. David Borst. “We have had good success in getting students positions in professional athletics and Bialkowski has a history in professional athletics, but there are also many opportunities in semi-pro, club, municipal, and academia where sports professionals are needed,” added Dr. Borst.
For more information on Concordia University Wisconsin, contact the University at (262) 243-4300 or visit its Web site at www.cuw.edu.
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Wauwatosa West Class of 2001 Reunion
- LOOKING FOR OLD GLENDALE POLICE VOLUNTEERS
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- Public Meeting About Lake Michigan Water Levels and Bluff Failure
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Art and Nature Provide the Backdrop for Artists in the Garden At the Boerner Botanical Gardens, August 20 and 21, 2016
- J&B Construction Company Suggests Best Siding for Wisconsin Weather
- ADVENT named a Fastest Growing Firm Two Consecutive Years
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!