The Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast (GSWISE) announces the appointment of Mequon resident Mark Thomas to the Board Development Committee for 2011-2014.
Thomas is the director of advertising for The Business Journal Serving Greater Milwaukee. He previously served as the deputy secretary of the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, and has over 28 years experience in the newspaper industry with 13 of those in management positions. Thomas is a member of the Allocation Committee of Camps for Kids and has been active in the community through his work with the Task Force on Family Violence, African World Festival and Boys & Girls Clubs-Camp Whitcomb-Mason.
Joining Thomas on the committee are the following individuals:
Kimberly Kane (Racine, Wisconsin), Vice President of Community Relations and Government Affairs for The F. Dohmen Company;
Marci Pelzer (Milwaukee, Wisconsin), vice president of communications for Time Warner Cable-Wisconsin; and Robert Young (Waukesha, Wisconsin), president of Paradigm Sensors.
"The staff and board of GSWISE are happy to welcome Mr. Thomas and our other new committee members. Their backgrounds, experience, and unique perspectives make them a great asset to our mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character,” said Molly T. Fuller, CEO of Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast. “I look forward to working with them as they fulfill their task of identifying talented, diverse and visionary community leaders to serve on the GSWISE Board of Directors."
Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast serves over 28,500 girls in grades K through 12 in the seven-county area. Girl Scouts is the pre-eminent leadership development organization for girls and authority on girls' healthy development.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journey to Bethlehem at Whitefish Bay United Methodist
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Winter Fun for Everyone in Mequon
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Festival of Trees
- Mequon Resident Performs in Acacia Theatre Company’s “Advent of Redemption”
- Concordia University Receives $50,000 for Health Mobile Program
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- Art of Wellness Chiropractic's Annual Holiday Food Drive