Mequon – Unitarian Church North is hosting a household electronics recycling program on Saturday, September 10, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the church’s rear parking lot, 13800 N. Port Washington Road, Mequon. The cost will be $10 per car, plus $10 for each TV (no charge for PC or laptop monitors). The event is for residential electronics only (no business equipment).
Items accepted include: TVs; computers (and peripherals: keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc.); monitors; cordless and cell phones; iPods; printers (including ink and toner); scanners; fax machines; stereos; old holiday lights; extension cords; PDAs; clock radios; and other consumer electronics.
Items not accepted include: microwave ovens; dehumidifiers; other small and large appliances; batteries; light bulbs. There are no geographical restrictions related to this event.
“Fostering environmental integrity is one of the principles of the Unitarian Universalist faith, and it’s something we take seriously, “said John Hoff of the Unitarian Church North Green Committee. “We hope others in our community will take advantage of this opportunity to properly and safely dispose of their old household electronics.”
For more information, call Unitarian Church North at 262-375-3890 or visit the website: www.ucnorth.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mount Mary University Presents Fashion BOOT Camp
- Gov. Scott Walker Reelection Speech April 15, 2015
- Big Spring Book Sale Set for Falls Library
- Newcastle Place completes 1,449.6 miles of cardiovascular activity as part of nationwide challenge for seniors
- North Shore Easter Egg Hunt Celebrates 44 Years of Bringing Joy to Children and Families
- Kids Rule Academy Recognized as Wisconsin’s Newest Elite Pre-School and Day Care Center
- UW Sea Grant to Host Pet Amnesty Day
- Newman Civic Fellows Award for 2014
- Best-Selling, Oprah Book Club Author Christina Schwarz Coming to Mount Mary
- Germantown High School Announces February Students of the Month