Mequon – Unitarian Church North is hosting a household electronics recycling program on Saturday, September 10, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the church’s rear parking lot, 13800 N. Port Washington Road, Mequon. The cost will be $10 per car, plus $10 for each TV (no charge for PC or laptop monitors). The event is for residential electronics only (no business equipment).
Items accepted include: TVs; computers (and peripherals: keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc.); monitors; cordless and cell phones; iPods; printers (including ink and toner); scanners; fax machines; stereos; old holiday lights; extension cords; PDAs; clock radios; and other consumer electronics.
Items not accepted include: microwave ovens; dehumidifiers; other small and large appliances; batteries; light bulbs. There are no geographical restrictions related to this event.
“Fostering environmental integrity is one of the principles of the Unitarian Universalist faith, and it’s something we take seriously, “said John Hoff of the Unitarian Church North Green Committee. “We hope others in our community will take advantage of this opportunity to properly and safely dispose of their old household electronics.”
For more information, call Unitarian Church North at 262-375-3890 or visit the website: www.ucnorth.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College’s Poll Worker Project Wins State-wide Award
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Offers Remodeling Ideas To Add Warmth
- Local insurance agency wins an award
- Milwaukee's My Princess & Me - Mom & Daughter Day
- And the oscar goes to...
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 10 Members
- "RUN FOR YOUR WIFE" presented by Imagination Theatre
- How Do You Make It Funny...Comedy Secrets Revealed
- Red Phase Screech Owl Sighting at SANC!
- Big Magic Show March 8th to benefit Germantown Youth Futures