Girls on the Run is an after school program for girls in 3rd-5th grade. The 10 week program usees running as the tool to instill self-confidence in young women while teaching them the importance of getting along with others and giving back to their communities. The girls meet twice a week for 10 weeks. All lessons are taught by certificied coaches who recieve training through Girls on the Run. The lessons teach life skills through group processing, running games and work outs. In addition to participating in the 5k run/walk at the end of their program, teh girls also participate in a group service project.
Please call Leila Wright at 414.357.2805 for more information. This program is starting September 20th.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Advises Travelers to Take Precautions Against Bed Bugs this Spring Travel Season
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Acacia Theatre Present "Great Expectations" at Concordia University
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- Ozaukee Family Services' Spring Brunch - May 6
- New! LIFT Field Hockey!
- MOMS Club® of Mequon-Thiensville holding on-line auction to benefit Ozaukee Family Services