Girls on the Run is an after school program for girls in 3rd-5th grade. The 10 week program usees running as the tool to instill self-confidence in young women while teaching them the importance of getting along with others and giving back to their communities. The girls meet twice a week for 10 weeks. All lessons are taught by certificied coaches who recieve training through Girls on the Run. The lessons teach life skills through group processing, running games and work outs. In addition to participating in the 5k run/walk at the end of their program, teh girls also participate in a group service project.
Please call Leila Wright at 414.357.2805 for more information. This program is starting September 20th.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Concordia University Wisconsin to Host 2nd Annual Lake Moon Festival Saturday, Aug. 8
- Mortara Hires Margaret Mucha
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Explains How to Make an Old Home Shine
- Brown Deer's Night Out for Justice Promotes Safe Community
- Workforce Development Center's Waukesha/Ozaukee Job Fair
- North Shore Bank to Host to Host "Paws and Claws" Event in Mequon on Aug. 8
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- WIOA Youth Program Offers Participants Education and Employment Opportunities
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project