Girls on the Run is an after school program for girls in 3rd-5th grade. The 10 week program usees running as the tool to instill self-confidence in young women while teaching them the importance of getting along with others and giving back to their communities. The girls meet twice a week for 10 weeks. All lessons are taught by certificied coaches who recieve training through Girls on the Run. The lessons teach life skills through group processing, running games and work outs. In addition to participating in the 5k run/walk at the end of their program, teh girls also participate in a group service project.
Please call Leila Wright at 414.357.2805 for more information. This program is starting September 20th.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hilarious and Heartwarming "Holidays At My House" One-Woman Show!
- Join us for the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll! (1)
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Acacia Ushers in Christmas with Encore Performance of Humorous “Fish Eyes"
- Mequon Nature Preserve Receives Community Partner of the Year Award
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Explains Bathtub Materials
- Glendale’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-foot Live Balsam Tree
- Lake Country Orchestra - Concert at OAC
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Should You Repair or Replace Your Appliance? Appliance Gallery Offers Some Advice