MILWAUKEE (Oct. 14, 2011) – Tickets are now available for the 17th annual Evening of Hope event benefiting Sojourner Family Peace Center.
Evening of Hope recognizes the thousands of lives affected by domestic violence each year in the Milwaukee community. This annual event is held in hopes of raising awareness and support, so Sojourner Family Peace Center can continue to be a safe haven for survivors. This year’s event will take place Thursday, Nov. 3, at the Bradley Center.
“Milwaukee continues to experience escalating rates of domestic violence. This event is an opportunity for community members to recognize the reality of this critical issue and learn that together, we can treat it at every level. More importantly, this support gives hope to those who have been affected by domestic violence, and offers the strength to believe that things can and will improve,” said Angela Mancuso, executive director of Sojourner Family Peace Center.
Evening of Hope will feature a live auction with prizes that include a private dining experience for eight at Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar, a Park City, UT getaway and a vacation package at the American Club in Kohler, Wis. With a $20 donation, guests also have the opportunity to pull a “surprise” bottle of wine.
The annual fundraising event will be held in the West Atrium at the Bradley Center. Registration is at 6 p.m. followed by a cocktail hour, remarks by District Attorney John Chisholm, program and live auction. In addition to premier food stations, hand-passed hors d’oeuvres and complimentary beer, wine and soda, music will be provided by Milwaukee’s own 5 Card Studs.
Individual tickets are $150; $90 is tax-deductible. Those who purchase 10 tickets receive a special rate of $1,000. Corporate sponsorship packages are also available. Proceeds directly assist in everything from food and child-care supplies to securing facilitators for group sessions and transportation to safety.
Sponsors of the 17th annual Evening of Hope are: Berghammer Construction Corporation; Ernst & Young LLP; Quarles & Brady LLP; Rapport Leadership International, Scribner Cohen & Company; von Briesen & Roper s.c.; Wisconsin Energy Foundation.
For sponsorship opportunities or more information, contact Courtney Meyer at 414-276-1911 or e-mail email@example.com. To seek help from an abusive situation, call the 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline at 414-933-2722.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Concordia University Hosts 'Career Night' at its Five Milwaukee Area Centers on March 19 at 6 p.m.
- Dragonfly Meditation Studio Opens in Mequon
- Elite Sports Clubs Glendale Offers Free ‘Yoga/Meditation for Sleep’ Class in March
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Essay Winners from the Daughters of the American Revolution - Milwaukee Chapter
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Award Winning Pet Care Provider Expands Service to Mequon