Divas all, the yearly gathering of the MacDowell Club's operatic mavens is 3 o'clock, Sunday afternoon, November 20th, 2011, at the
Steinway Piano Gallery, 11550 W. North Avenue in Wauwatosa. Chaired by Sally Lane Schwarz of
Menomonee Falls (wearing pink boa in photo),
works of Bizet, Debussy, Gluck, Handel, Massenet, Nicolai and Turina will fill the air.
Joining Schwarz will be fellow Club members Enid Bootzin Berkovits (Mequon); Kay Belich (West Allis); Linda Ehlers (Milwaukee); Judith Pilon (Wauwatosa) and Donna Shriner (Shorewood).
Also performing are violinist Joan Rooney (Port Washington) and guest cellist Kirsti Pajunen (Wauwatosa) with pianists Shanti Daya (Brookfield); Suzanne Pajunen (Wauwatosa); Geraldine Thien Stone (Wauwatosa); Sr. Marion
Verhaalen (Milwaukee); and guest accompanist
Patty Clemens (Mequon).
The program, the second of six in the music club's 102nd season, is free although donations to the organization's scholarship fund are always welcome. The public is most cordially invited to attend and classically trained musicians are encouraged to audition in January for Performing Memberships.
Additional information can be found on the Club's website: macdowellclubmilwaukee.org
- OPEN HOUSE – Learn about Volunteer Opportunities at Ozaukee Family Services
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- J&B Construction Explains Ways to Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Wine Women Word
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- U.S. Cellular Sponsors Mequon Little League: Sponsorship includes more than $75,000 in needed gear for six Wisconsin youth leagues