Divas all, the yearly gathering of the MacDowell Club's operatic mavens is 3 o'clock, Sunday afternoon, November 20th, 2011, at the
Steinway Piano Gallery, 11550 W. North Avenue in Wauwatosa. Chaired by Sally Lane Schwarz of
Menomonee Falls (wearing pink boa in photo),
works of Bizet, Debussy, Gluck, Handel, Massenet, Nicolai and Turina will fill the air.
Joining Schwarz will be fellow Club members Enid Bootzin Berkovits (Mequon); Kay Belich (West Allis); Linda Ehlers (Milwaukee); Judith Pilon (Wauwatosa) and Donna Shriner (Shorewood).
Also performing are violinist Joan Rooney (Port Washington) and guest cellist Kirsti Pajunen (Wauwatosa) with pianists Shanti Daya (Brookfield); Suzanne Pajunen (Wauwatosa); Geraldine Thien Stone (Wauwatosa); Sr. Marion
Verhaalen (Milwaukee); and guest accompanist
Patty Clemens (Mequon).
The program, the second of six in the music club's 102nd season, is free although donations to the organization's scholarship fund are always welcome. The public is most cordially invited to attend and classically trained musicians are encouraged to audition in January for Performing Memberships.
Additional information can be found on the Club's website: macdowellclubmilwaukee.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Flip Troiano, MD, co-founder of the “Wellness University,” engages a class on how to “Preserve Your Brain!”
- Cornerstone Community Bank Hosts Shred Events
- Village of Shorewood Hosts Second Annual Plein Air Festival
- Playworks Wisconsin Staff Receives National Award
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Achieves Ameriprise Circle of Success Recognition
- Holy Hill Arts & Crafts Fair Celebrates 40th Year – 2014 Event Scheduled for Sat., Sept. 20
- Milwaukee/NARI Reveals the Secret Ingredient of an Award-Winning Remodel
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges - New Online Resources from Rogers InHealth Aim to Help