Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Taylor Poehls; President Elect – Rich Woods; Vice president – Dave Eppelsheimer; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Ed Ellingson.
Directors: Bob Gross, Jan Fitzgerald, Eli Potkonjak, Jason Gonwa, Dave Hoerig, Gary Krueger, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz
Looking forward to the meeting of November 15, 2011
November 16 – John & Diane Foley
Programs and Events
November 10 – Board of directors at Alioto's, noon
November 15 – Clergy day at First Congregational
November 22 –Lunch at Pancake House, on Downer Avenue
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: We were happy to see Dave Hoerig today. Dave started happy dollars with a buck for Kay's recent good prognosis report after a summer of bad news. Then Dave paid another buck for his granddaughter, who made the cheerleading squad as a freshman and joined the Key Club. John Cable, now able to walk short distances without crutches, paid a buck for Percocet, but he also paid a second buck for being able to quit Percocet and get rid of its side effects. Dave Eppelsheimer paid for the opportunity to point out a newspaper article about a 100-year-old Kiwanian. John Foley was happy enough about a new grand-nephew in Indiana to pay a buck. Eli Potkonjak paid a buck for an opportunity to thank Ken, Larry, and the Wine & Beer event team. Ken Snyder just visited Downer Wine & Spirits and came away with a $180 check donated by Downer because of its sales success at the tasting event. Bob Gross paid a dollar for WaterStone Bank's donation of $1,000 to the Crew to fund the flag project. Rich Woods followed up with a buck for Bob's constant attention to the Crew and the Scouts.
Our speaker was Meg McKenna of the Wauwatosa Chamber of Commerce, who has been with the Chamber about a year and is coming up with ideas to increase membership (up about 50%) but also to make the Chamber relevant to young professionals and business people. Check out the Chamber at http://tosachamber.org.
Meeting locations: Note that next week is at First Congregational, 1511 Church Street, for Clergy Day and a special speaker. The following week will be at the Original Pancake House, 2621 N. Downer Avenue, directly across the street from Downer Wine & Spirits.
Distinguished Citizen Award: Bob Reinhardt is the Club's representative on the Council, and he is soliciting nominations for the award. Nominations should go to Bob by the end of the year.
Programs: Warren Breitlow plans to give us a photo tour of Namibia on November 29.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Brusky Sjostrom & Alberts SC
2300 N. Mayfair Rd., Ste. 530
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Achieves Ameriprise Private Wealth Advisor Status
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Advises Travelers to Take Precautions Against Bed Bugs this Spring Travel Season
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Acacia Theatre Present "Great Expectations" at Concordia University
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- Ozaukee Family Services' Spring Brunch - May 6