The Office of the Governor of the State of Wisconsin has proclaimed that November is Wisconsin's official month of Toastmasters!
Congratulations to Wisconsin and to the more than 100 clubs whose members have benefited from improving their speaking and leadership skills through the Toastmasters program.
Effective communication is an important element in building and sustaining dynamic leadership in the community and in business. Effective communication skills are essential to the State of Wisconsin to compete successfully in all area of business state-wide, nationally, and internationally.
This proclamation recognizes the role of Toastmasters in developing effective speakers and leaders within the community and business.
See a copy of the official proclamation at: http://www.tm35.org/images/1111_November_TM_Month.jpg
Toastmasters International is a non-profit educational organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of meeting locations.
Headquartered in Rancho Santa Margarita, California, the organization has more than 270,000 members in more than 13,000 clubs in 116 countries. Since 1924, Toastmasters International has helped people of all backgrounds become more confident in front of an audience.
Thanks to Mary Maier of Brookfield and Paul Hunt of Fond du Lac for their efforts in getting this piece of Toastmasters history.
Find a club near you at www.toastmasters.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hilarious and Heartwarming "Holidays At My House" One-Woman Show!
- Join us for the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll! (1)
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Acacia Ushers in Christmas with Encore Performance of Humorous “Fish Eyes"
- Mequon Nature Preserve Receives Community Partner of the Year Award
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Explains Bathtub Materials
- Glendale’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-foot Live Balsam Tree
- Lake Country Orchestra - Concert at OAC
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Should You Repair or Replace Your Appliance? Appliance Gallery Offers Some Advice