Dominican High School’s Theater Department competed in the one-act division of the State Theater Festival with their performance of Tall Tales on November 18th at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. Dominican advanced to the State Theater Festival following their performance at State Sectionals in October. Tall Tales is a collection of scenes from the epic play The Kentucky Cycle by Robert Schenkkan, which centers around land-ownership, family struggles, and the history of Appalachian Kentucky.
Dominican was given the Critic’s Choice Award, the highest honors available at the competition, for their exceptional performance. Dominican students Mary Yadgir of Mequon and E.J. Spencer of Whitefish Bay each won individual awards for Outstanding Acting. Students also competed in the Tech Olympics, a series of competitions focused on the technological and crew aspects of theater productions. Thomas Herzfeld of Grafton, Simon Gall of Mequon, Calvin Panneman of Port Washington, Taylor Brockman of Menomonee Falls, Matt Koszuta of Milwaukee, and Sydney Manista of Fox Point were members of the Dominican High School team that took 1st place in the Tech Olympics.
Dominican High School is a leader in secondary education, providing young men and women with a quality, Catholic college-preparatory education in a supportive, nurturing environment. Founded over 50 years ago by the Sinsinawa Dominicans and based in Whitefish Bay, Wis. Dominican’s diverse population draws students from more than 50 grade schools and four counties across southeastern Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Offering Healthcare Training Grant Opportunities
- Kick off the season with the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- YOUNG THIENSVILLE RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- YOUNG MEQUON RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Concordia University Celebrates Winter Commencement on December 13
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Join the Fun at Mequon's Winter Wonderland
- The Paper Bag Christmas
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- American Education Week