Mequon, Wis (Monday, January 16, 2012) -- A local paint company and manufacturer hopes to alleviate the strain on Wisconsin food pantries as the number of clients they serve grows.
In light of the holidays, Hallman Lindsay Paints donated over $5,500 to local food pantries across Wisconsin in each community in which it has a store.
“We take great pride in being a Wisconsin business,” said Tim Mielcarek, owner of Hallman Lindsay. “Giving back to the communities we are a part of is not only a priority, it is part of our mission as a local business.”
On January 4, Mequon Store Manager, Matt Dorfler, met with Colleen Kasper of Family Sharing of Ozaukee County to deliver the company donation.
“We know more families need assistance,” said Dorfler. “We give to the food pantry at Family Sharing because it has an immediate impact on this community.”
To find out how you can support the food pantry at Family Sharing of Ozaukee County, visit the website, www.familysharingozaukee.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New "Sporkies" Food Competition Has Wisconsin State Fair Vendors Competing For Coveted Golden Spork Award
- Beware of Memorial Day Scams Aimed at Military Personnel
- Better Business Bureau Urges Donor Caution After Tornadoes
- Melinda Myers to Present Free “Late Spring Rejuvenation for your Landscape” Seminar in at Stein's in Mequon on Sat., June 1
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Nine Kitchen Storage Solutions
- Ozaukee Family Services Fights Child Abuse
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- Act FAST in cases of stroke
- Medical College of Wisconsin Open House
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you