Mequon, Wis (Monday, January 16, 2012) -- A local paint company and manufacturer hopes to alleviate the strain on Wisconsin food pantries as the number of clients they serve grows.
In light of the holidays, Hallman Lindsay Paints donated over $5,500 to local food pantries across Wisconsin in each community in which it has a store.
“We take great pride in being a Wisconsin business,” said Tim Mielcarek, owner of Hallman Lindsay. “Giving back to the communities we are a part of is not only a priority, it is part of our mission as a local business.”
On January 4, Mequon Store Manager, Matt Dorfler, met with Colleen Kasper of Family Sharing of Ozaukee County to deliver the company donation.
“We know more families need assistance,” said Dorfler. “We give to the food pantry at Family Sharing because it has an immediate impact on this community.”
To find out how you can support the food pantry at Family Sharing of Ozaukee County, visit the website, www.familysharingozaukee.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Festival of Trees
- Mequon Resident Performs in Acacia Theatre Company’s “Advent of Redemption”
- Concordia University Receives $50,000 for Health Mobile Program
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- Catholic Charities Offers Five Ideas on How to Slow Down and Enjoy the Holidays
- Santa Visits Granville in Milwaukee on December 14
- Concordia University Wisconsin Supports Typhoon Haiyan Relief Efforts
- The Bay Players Announces Cast for Beau Jest by James Sherman