The Quilted Bear in Germantown was host to The Germantown Community Scholarship Fund's (GCSF) 27th Annual Dinner & Auction on Thursday, February 2nd. The event was a rousing success as over 300 attendees enthusiastically bid on more than 200 Silent Auction items and nearly 40 Verbal Auction items. In addition, the always popular Calendar Raffle themed offerings were won by twelve lucky attendees. A new feature this year, the "Diamond Treasure Hunt" sponsored by An Eye For Design, created excitement as attendees were offered the opportunity to purchase one of 40 gem bags—one of which contained a half carat diamond. The winner will be announced on the GCSF website as soon as the winner has been identified by An Eye For Design. GCSF is proud to acknowledge other event major sponsors: WaterStone Bank (Silver Gavel Sponsor), The Quilted Bear, Robert's Frozen Custard, Bast Auction & Appraisal, The Flower Source, Amy's Candy Kitchen, Network Photography and Lange Printing. A complete list of donors and sponsors will be posted on the Germantown Community Scholarship Fund website, germantownscholarship.org.
The event was highlighted with performances by the Germantown High School flute and vocal quartets; handcrafted wood outdoor patio furniture, beautiful hand-painted ceramics and pottery donated by GHS Tech Ed and Art students. Student volunteers from the National Honor Society assisted throughout the day and into the evening. Germantown's top-ranked varsity basket team donated two highly sought after 2012 Team and Coach Autographed Basketballs.Photographs from the event may be viewed on the GCSF and GermantownNow websites.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journey to Bethlehem at Whitefish Bay United Methodist
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Winter Fun for Everyone in Mequon
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Festival of Trees
- Mequon Resident Performs in Acacia Theatre Company’s “Advent of Redemption”
- Concordia University Receives $50,000 for Health Mobile Program
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- Catholic Charities Offers Five Ideas on How to Slow Down and Enjoy the Holidays