Members of the Mequon Fire Department are participating in the US Bank stair climb on March 17. They will be participating in the firefighters challenge in which teams of 5 or more firefighters will climb to the top of the US bank building (47 floors) in full turn out gear and breathing apparatus (approximately 75 lbs). They will be competing against other fire departments from all around Wisconsin. This is an attempt to raise money for the American Lung Association to help fight lung disease. The members of Mequon Fire Department include Jeremy Kolberg, Andrew Allen, John Wood, Jeff Konkel, JJ Neilson , Justin Tews, and Jeremiah Bradley. If you wish to donate money you can submit a donation online at http://www.lung.org/pledge-events/wi/milwaukee-climb-fy12/. You can donate to a team and search for Mequon Fire Department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- Act FAST in cases of stroke
- Medical College of Wisconsin Open House
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
- Metabolic Syndrome — When the Sum is Greater than the ‘Parts’
- Trail-Run Wild at the Preserve
- Dog-Wash Fundraiser
- Employers’ Breakfast Meeting May 17 to Focus on Preparing Students with Disabilities for Employment
- River Cruise Seminar
- Milwaukee Handbell Ensemble's 10th Anniversary Concert