The Menomonee Falls High School Art Department is proud to announce the student art work selected for the Wisconsin Scholastic Art competition. The high school was represented with 11 pieces that made it into the exhibition with an additional 9 Honorable Mentions, a total of 20 pieces of outstanding artwork.
The Awards presentation was at the Milwaukee Art Museum February 4, 2012. The exhibit was on display in the Windhover Hall in the Quadracci Pavilion for four weeks.
The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards have provided an avenue for young artists and writers, in grades 7-12, to receive recognition and rewards for their creative achievements since 1923. By acknowledging the visions and voices of emerging artists and writers, The Awards have helped nurture eight decades of promising talent by providing recognition, cash awards and college scholarships.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Winter Fun for Everyone in Mequon
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Festival of Trees
- Mequon Resident Performs in Acacia Theatre Company’s “Advent of Redemption”
- Concordia University Receives $50,000 for Health Mobile Program
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- Catholic Charities Offers Five Ideas on How to Slow Down and Enjoy the Holidays
- Santa Visits Granville in Milwaukee on December 14