The Menomonee Falls High School Art Department is proud to announce the student art work selected for the Wisconsin Scholastic Art competition. The high school was represented with 11 pieces that made it into the exhibition with an additional 9 Honorable Mentions, a total of 20 pieces of outstanding artwork.
The Awards presentation was at the Milwaukee Art Museum February 4, 2012. The exhibit was on display in the Windhover Hall in the Quadracci Pavilion for four weeks.
The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards have provided an avenue for young artists and writers, in grades 7-12, to receive recognition and rewards for their creative achievements since 1923. By acknowledging the visions and voices of emerging artists and writers, The Awards have helped nurture eight decades of promising talent by providing recognition, cash awards and college scholarships.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Volunteer Center: Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Trivia Night at Saint Anthony's Parish
- J&B Construction Provides Tips on Decking Material Selections
- Elder Eric Scott Dougherty Returns Home
- Alverno Presents Okwui Okpokwasili: Bronx Gothic
- FREE Classes for Parents
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Annex Wealth Management to Host Women, Wine & Wealth - A "Sandwich Generation" Break February 24 at Harvey's Central Grill
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Community Volunteer Opportunities