Concordia is teaming up with Jalyn's Chapter of the Foundation for Children with Cancer for the 1st annual Gold Ribbon Run on Saturday, April 14th from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. The 5K run and walk charity event will take place on Concordia's Mequon campus, beginning and ending at the Center for Environmental Stewardship.
The Foundation for Children with Cancer provides financial assistance for the families of children with pediatric cancer. By providing tangible and direct financial support, such as mortgage payments, insurance premiums, and utility bills, families are given a great opportunity to focus on their children’s treatment and recovery.
“We are honored to have Concordia host the Gold Ribbon Run to help our organization raise awareness and essential funding,” said Lesley Redman, executive director of Jalyn’s Chapter of the Foundation for Children with Cancer.
The entry fee for the Gold Ribbon Race is $15 per person. Participants can also choose the $20 run option which includes an official Gold Ribbon Run T-shirt. All participants will also receive a goodie bag with vendor coupons and giveaways on race day.
“All proceeds from the Gold Ribbon Run will stay in the Wisconsin area to help families in need,” said Michael Braden, event coordinator and CUW student.
For more details and to register for the Gold Ribbon Run, visit www.cuw.edu/GoldRibbonRun.
- Mequon Resident is all Smiles at Froedtert Hospital
- Volunteer Center community volunteering
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Wauwatosa West Class of 2001 Reunion
- LOOKING FOR OLD GLENDALE POLICE VOLUNTEERS
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- Public Meeting About Lake Michigan Water Levels and Bluff Failure
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Art and Nature Provide the Backdrop for Artists in the Garden At the Boerner Botanical Gardens, August 20 and 21, 2016
- Come visit us for Pioneer Kids Day "Down on the Farm"