Concordia is teaming up with Jalyn's Chapter of the Foundation for Children with Cancer for the 1st annual Gold Ribbon Run on Saturday, April 14th from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. The 5K run and walk charity event will take place on Concordia's Mequon campus, beginning and ending at the Center for Environmental Stewardship.
The Foundation for Children with Cancer provides financial assistance for the families of children with pediatric cancer. By providing tangible and direct financial support, such as mortgage payments, insurance premiums, and utility bills, families are given a great opportunity to focus on their children’s treatment and recovery.
“We are honored to have Concordia host the Gold Ribbon Run to help our organization raise awareness and essential funding,” said Lesley Redman, executive director of Jalyn’s Chapter of the Foundation for Children with Cancer.
The entry fee for the Gold Ribbon Race is $15 per person. Participants can also choose the $20 run option which includes an official Gold Ribbon Run T-shirt. All participants will also receive a goodie bag with vendor coupons and giveaways on race day.
“All proceeds from the Gold Ribbon Run will stay in the Wisconsin area to help families in need,” said Michael Braden, event coordinator and CUW student.
For more details and to register for the Gold Ribbon Run, visit www.cuw.edu/GoldRibbonRun.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- Join The Fire Bells - See Us at Thiensville Safety Day
- Volunteer Opportunities in Our Community
- Build Your Talent Pipeline at the Workforce Development Center’s Autumn Recruitment Fair
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Alverno College highest in the state in its “Strong Commitment to Teaching” category for the fifth consecutive year
- Trustmark Foundation makes donation to Ozaukee Family Services
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- SpirTed will perform on Saturday,September 20th
- Newcastle Place announces new Community Life Service Director
- Volunteer Opportunities