Concordia is teaming up with Jalyn's Chapter of the Foundation for Children with Cancer for the 1st annual Gold Ribbon Run on Saturday, April 14th from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. The 5K run and walk charity event will take place on Concordia's Mequon campus, beginning and ending at the Center for Environmental Stewardship.
The Foundation for Children with Cancer provides financial assistance for the families of children with pediatric cancer. By providing tangible and direct financial support, such as mortgage payments, insurance premiums, and utility bills, families are given a great opportunity to focus on their children’s treatment and recovery.
“We are honored to have Concordia host the Gold Ribbon Run to help our organization raise awareness and essential funding,” said Lesley Redman, executive director of Jalyn’s Chapter of the Foundation for Children with Cancer.
The entry fee for the Gold Ribbon Race is $15 per person. Participants can also choose the $20 run option which includes an official Gold Ribbon Run T-shirt. All participants will also receive a goodie bag with vendor coupons and giveaways on race day.
“All proceeds from the Gold Ribbon Run will stay in the Wisconsin area to help families in need,” said Michael Braden, event coordinator and CUW student.
For more details and to register for the Gold Ribbon Run, visit www.cuw.edu/GoldRibbonRun.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- YOUNG THIENSVILLE RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- YOUNG MEQUON RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Concordia University Celebrates Winter Commencement on December 13
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Join the Fun at Mequon's Winter Wonderland
- The Paper Bag Christmas
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- American Education Week
- 2015 GET FIT Workshop - McGovern Senior Center
- Mequon kids featured on Spriggy SafeT-V, a new series of online safety videos produced for the Kohl’s Cares Grow Safe & Healthy Program and available on KohlsSafeandHealthy.com.