Concordia is teaming up with Jalyn's Chapter of the Foundation for Children with Cancer for the 1st annual Gold Ribbon Run on Saturday, April 14th from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. The 5K run and walk charity event will take place on Concordia's Mequon campus, beginning and ending at the Center for Environmental Stewardship.
The Foundation for Children with Cancer provides financial assistance for the families of children with pediatric cancer. By providing tangible and direct financial support, such as mortgage payments, insurance premiums, and utility bills, families are given a great opportunity to focus on their children’s treatment and recovery.
“We are honored to have Concordia host the Gold Ribbon Run to help our organization raise awareness and essential funding,” said Lesley Redman, executive director of Jalyn’s Chapter of the Foundation for Children with Cancer.
The entry fee for the Gold Ribbon Race is $15 per person. Participants can also choose the $20 run option which includes an official Gold Ribbon Run T-shirt. All participants will also receive a goodie bag with vendor coupons and giveaways on race day.
“All proceeds from the Gold Ribbon Run will stay in the Wisconsin area to help families in need,” said Michael Braden, event coordinator and CUW student.
For more details and to register for the Gold Ribbon Run, visit www.cuw.edu/GoldRibbonRun.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Ozaukee Family Services Applauds Local Businesses for their Generosity
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Allrite Home & Remodeling Wins Milwaukee/NARI Gold Award
- Alverno College Exceeds $30 Million Capital Campaign Goal
- Bartelt Named "Best of Houzz 2015"
- Free Financial Counseling Sessions Being Offered By The Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Through March 2015.
- Free Financial Literacy Workshops Being Offered by the Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Through March 2015
- Healthcare Training Grant Opportunities
- Bartelt Wins Two Gold Wisconsin Remodeler of the Year Awards