MEQUON, Wis. – Are you a parent who struggles, stresses and wonders if your child will ever grasp simple tasks, and homework time won’t erupt into daily yelling episodes?
Lisa Gendelman and Ann Pieper, former school teachers who take their knowledge and expertise into people’s homes to help children and their parents learn patience and productivity together, will share some of their strategies and techniques at a gathering at Fiddleheads Espresso Bar and Cafe, 10530 North Port Washington Road in Mequon on Friday, June 1, 2012 from 1 p.m. until 2 p.m.
Among the things attendees will learn include information about parent and ADHD coaching; time management and educational organization strategies; ideas about how to effectively deal with parent and child stress, and frustration at home.
Gendelman, a parent coach, and Pieper, an ADHD coach, enjoy 20 years each in the education field, and are parents themselves. They have been called upon by their peers to help guide them through child-related complexities, and realized that with the number of students with learning challenges on the rise, that they could help others who may not realize that personal, in-home expertise exists.
“Children have different learning styles and parents vary in their knowledge and patience for working with their kids, whether they are simply behavioral, caused by something such as ADHD or a lack of home and time structure,” Pieper said. “This is where we come in to evaluate and suggest solutions.”
Gendelman said, "Parents often find themselves in the midst of challenges that range from behavior struggles to school-related issues. It is our goal to identify the most appropriate methods for parents and children to operate as a family, empowered with tools to live peacefully with all of it."
For additional information about the session at Fiddleheads or about Gendelman’s and Pieper’s services, email northshorecoaching.com or call North Shore Center at (262) 241-5955.
- OPEN HOUSE – Learn about Volunteer Opportunities at Ozaukee Family Services
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- J&B Construction Explains Ways to Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Wine Women Word
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- U.S. Cellular Sponsors Mequon Little League: Sponsorship includes more than $75,000 in needed gear for six Wisconsin youth leagues