MEQUON, Wis. – Are you a parent who struggles, stresses and wonders if your child will ever grasp simple tasks, and homework time won’t erupt into daily yelling episodes?
Lisa Gendelman and Ann Pieper, former school teachers who take their knowledge and expertise into people’s homes to help children and their parents learn patience and productivity together, will share some of their strategies and techniques at a gathering at Fiddleheads Espresso Bar and Cafe, 10530 North Port Washington Road in Mequon on Friday, June 1, 2012 from 1 p.m. until 2 p.m.
Among the things attendees will learn include information about parent and ADHD coaching; time management and educational organization strategies; ideas about how to effectively deal with parent and child stress, and frustration at home.
Gendelman, a parent coach, and Pieper, an ADHD coach, enjoy 20 years each in the education field, and are parents themselves. They have been called upon by their peers to help guide them through child-related complexities, and realized that with the number of students with learning challenges on the rise, that they could help others who may not realize that personal, in-home expertise exists.
“Children have different learning styles and parents vary in their knowledge and patience for working with their kids, whether they are simply behavioral, caused by something such as ADHD or a lack of home and time structure,” Pieper said. “This is where we come in to evaluate and suggest solutions.”
Gendelman said, "Parents often find themselves in the midst of challenges that range from behavior struggles to school-related issues. It is our goal to identify the most appropriate methods for parents and children to operate as a family, empowered with tools to live peacefully with all of it."
For additional information about the session at Fiddleheads or about Gendelman’s and Pieper’s services, email northshorecoaching.com or call North Shore Center at (262) 241-5955.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- An Evening With Eugene Schulz
- Joseph Klucarich attends 75th Class Reunion
- Fall Remodeling Show Features PBS Chef & Home Improvement Experts
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- Join The Fire Bells - See Us at Thiensville Safety Day
- Volunteer Opportunities in Our Community
- Build Your Talent Pipeline at the Workforce Development Center’s Autumn Recruitment Fair
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Alverno College highest in the state in its “Strong Commitment to Teaching” category for the fifth consecutive year
- Trustmark Foundation makes donation to Ozaukee Family Services
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th