MEQUON, Wis. – Are you a parent who struggles, stresses and wonders if your child will ever grasp simple tasks, and homework time won’t erupt into daily yelling episodes?
Lisa Gendelman and Ann Pieper, former school teachers who take their knowledge and expertise into people’s homes to help children and their parents learn patience and productivity together, will share some of their strategies and techniques at a gathering at Fiddleheads Espresso Bar and Cafe, 10530 North Port Washington Road in Mequon on Friday, June 1, 2012 from 1 p.m. until 2 p.m.
Among the things attendees will learn include information about parent and ADHD coaching; time management and educational organization strategies; ideas about how to effectively deal with parent and child stress, and frustration at home.
Gendelman, a parent coach, and Pieper, an ADHD coach, enjoy 20 years each in the education field, and are parents themselves. They have been called upon by their peers to help guide them through child-related complexities, and realized that with the number of students with learning challenges on the rise, that they could help others who may not realize that personal, in-home expertise exists.
“Children have different learning styles and parents vary in their knowledge and patience for working with their kids, whether they are simply behavioral, caused by something such as ADHD or a lack of home and time structure,” Pieper said. “This is where we come in to evaluate and suggest solutions.”
Gendelman said, "Parents often find themselves in the midst of challenges that range from behavior struggles to school-related issues. It is our goal to identify the most appropriate methods for parents and children to operate as a family, empowered with tools to live peacefully with all of it."
For additional information about the session at Fiddleheads or about Gendelman’s and Pieper’s services, email northshorecoaching.com or call North Shore Center at (262) 241-5955.
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Wauwatosa West Class of 2001 Reunion
- LOOKING FOR OLD GLENDALE POLICE VOLUNTEERS
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- Public Meeting About Lake Michigan Water Levels and Bluff Failure
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Art and Nature Provide the Backdrop for Artists in the Garden At the Boerner Botanical Gardens, August 20 and 21, 2016
- J&B Construction Company Suggests Best Siding for Wisconsin Weather
- ADVENT named a Fastest Growing Firm Two Consecutive Years
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!