Amazing! Some GOOD news for a change!
Thank You to The Mequon Homestead High School Student Council for their efforts this weekend raising money for The Feed Bag Pet Supply Fairy Dog-Mother project.
Students held a dog-wash/brat fry fundraiser at The Feed Bag Pet Supply in Mequon and raised a total of just over $1,100! With that we can purchase close to 200 bags of dog and cat food. Special thanks to Nicole Martin and Debbie Martin for their planning, distributing flyers and creating awareness of this project.
Money raised will go to supply nutritious and healthy dog and cat food to the clients of the Family Sharing of Ozaukee Food Pantry. Families that are struggling financially are increasingly surrendering pets to shelters across the country. Often, these cherished family members do not meet adoptability requirements because of age, temperament or health issues. The stress this places on these families (not to mention the pets) is overwhelming.
It is the goal of The Fairy Dog-Mother Project to help keep Ozaukee County families together while they work to get back on their feet financially. To date, we have delivered over 2,000 lbs of dog and cat food and are still not quite keeping up with the demand. If you can help, or have fundraising ideas of your own, please see our website at FeedBagPetSupply.com. From there you can also link to our Facebook page for the project.
If you know Debbie Martin, Nicole Martin, or any of her friends on the Homestead High Student Council, please give them a high-five for the whole community!
Connie Roller, Manager
The Feed Bag Pet Supply, Mequon WI
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Flip Troiano, MD, co-founder of the “Wellness University,” engages a class on how to “Preserve Your Brain!”
- Cornerstone Community Bank Hosts Shred Events
- Village of Shorewood Hosts Second Annual Plein Air Festival
- Playworks Wisconsin Staff Receives National Award
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Achieves Ameriprise Circle of Success Recognition
- Holy Hill Arts & Crafts Fair Celebrates 40th Year – 2014 Event Scheduled for Sat., Sept. 20
- Milwaukee/NARI Reveals the Secret Ingredient of an Award-Winning Remodel
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges - New Online Resources from Rogers InHealth Aim to Help