Islam and the West—a Personal Journey with Imran Ahmad
Mequon – Imran Ahmad, internationally acclaimed author of the award-winning memoir The Perfect Gentleman: A Muslim Boy Meets the West, will speak and sign books at Unitarian Church North, 13800 N. Port Washington Rd., on Friday, June 8 from 7-9 pm. The event is open to the public; a $5 donation is suggested.
Imran Ahmad is currently on a 50-city speaking tour of the United States, where he has captivated audiences with his informative, engaging, and humorous presentation of his message of reconciliation, tolerance, and the need for understanding. Born in Pakistan and relocated to England at age one, he was moved to write his memoir after 9/11 because of the great conflict and misunderstanding that arose between Muslim nations and people and those of the West. His book, initially titled The Unimagined in England, was recently published in the U.S. under the title The Perfect Gentleman: A Muslim Boy meets the West. Imran has spread his message in places as diverse as Malaysia, the United Arab Emirates, Indonesia, Australia and Great Britain. Now on his second U.S. speaking tour, Imran has received five-star reviews for his book and testimonials to his insights and humor.
Imran’s presentation will allow time for questions. A limited number of books from Next Chapter Bookstore in Mequon will be available for him to sign after the program. To reserve a copy, please call or email Unitarian Church North at 262-375-3890 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Adult Spiritual Enrichment and Social Justice Committees of Unitarian Church North are co-hosting this event. For more information about Imran Ahmad and to read testimonials about his presentation, visit his blog at www.perfect-gent.com/
Unitarian Church North is an active, welcoming Unitarian Universalist congregation. In the quest for an authentic, personal theology, members consider the wisdom of the world’s great religious and ethical teachings as well as their own direct experience, conscience and thoughtfulness. The congregation includes people of many faith perspectives, including agnostics and humanists, who join together on their religious journeys and work to inspire spiritual and ethical growth; promote free religious expression; create a diverse and inclusive community; and work for justice in our world.
For more information visit the church website: www.ucnorth.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Ozaukee Family Services Applauds Local Businesses for their Generosity
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Allrite Home & Remodeling Wins Milwaukee/NARI Gold Award
- Alverno College Exceeds $30 Million Capital Campaign Goal
- Bartelt Named "Best of Houzz 2015"
- Free Financial Counseling Sessions Being Offered By The Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Through March 2015.
- Free Financial Literacy Workshops Being Offered by the Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Through March 2015
- Healthcare Training Grant Opportunities
- Bartelt Wins Two Gold Wisconsin Remodeler of the Year Awards