The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Wisconsin Chapter Announces 2012 Milwaukee Man & Woman of the Year
Brookfield, Wis. – The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) Milwaukee Man & Woman of the Year Campaign (MWOY) generated over $160,000 in 10-weeks for vital blood cancer research and patient services.
Two local residents raised the most funding for blood cancer research, awarding them the titles of 2012 Milwaukee Man & Woman of the Year.
Man of the Year: Daniel Einhorn, Capital Midwest Fund, Milwaukee, WI
Woman of the Year: Anna Zuckerman, AC Zuckerman Jewelers, Inc., Mequon, WI
The fundraising results were announced at the annual Grand Finale Gala held on June 8, 2012 at The Pfister Hotel, Milwaukee.
The MWOY campaign is a fundraising competition in communities across the U.S. in which participants vie for the title of Man & Woman of the Year. The male and female candidates who raise the most funds are awarded the titles by their local LLS chapter.
MWOY helps raise funds that benefit the research efforts of LLS to continue seeking cures and to improve therapies as well as provide support for patients so that they have the best possible outcomes throughout their cancer experience.
LLS is the fastest growing national voluntary health organization dedicated to prevent blood cancers including leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma in the U.S.
“We congratulate all of the 2012 Man & Woman of the Year candidates. Each of them used their passion and determination to raise funds that give thousands of people battling blood cancers the chance to live better, longer lives. They are all champions,” said Ann Marie Frakes, Executive Director of the Wisconsin Chapter.
Did you know? Every four minutes a man, woman or child in the U.S. is diagnosed with a blood cancer. Since 1949 when LLS was founded, over $814 million has been raised to fight blood cancer in the form of research grants.
About The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society: The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society® (LLS) is the world’s largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer. The LLS mission: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world and provides free information and support services.
Founded in 1949 and headquartered in White Plains, NY, LLS has chapters throughout the United States and Canada. To learn more, visit www.LLS.org or contact the Information Resource Center at (800) 955-4572, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET. www.lls.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- Health on the Go: New Tools are Helping Consumers Make Better Health Care Decisions
- Katie Wilson, Mequon Resident and Homestead Senior to represent the USA in the 2015 FIS Junior World Snowboard Championships in China
- Concordia University Hosts 'Career Night' at its Five Milwaukee Area Centers on March 19 at 6 p.m.
- Dragonfly Meditation Studio Opens in Mequon
- Elite Sports Clubs Glendale Offers Free ‘Yoga/Meditation for Sleep’ Class in March
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop