FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Cell phone: 262-751-9403
Walworth County Visitors Bureau
Enjoy an Extended 4th of July Celebration in the Lake Geneva Area
Still Time to Plan Your Summer Getaway
Elkhorn, Wis. - (May 25, 2012) - You can participate in a variety of celebrations, before, during and after July 4th throughout the Lake Geneva Area in Walworth County.
Following is a list of Fourth of July festivities:
• 4th of July Celebration; throughout East Troy, www.easttroylions.org; June 28-July 1; huge carnival on the midway and the area's largest beer tent featuring the area's hottest bands all four days. Fireworks are scheduled for June 30 at dark.
• Star Spangled Celebration; Sunset Park, Elkhorn; 262-723-5788; June 29 5-9 pm; free concert from the Holton Band and fireworks at dusk.
• 4th of July Family Festival; 312 Whitewater St, Whitewater,www.ww4th.com; June 29-July 4; carnival, beer tent, food vendors, live entertainment.
• Town of Delevan Independence Day Celebration; Community Park, Highway 50 and South Shore Drive, Delavan, 262-740-2335, www.townofdelavan.com/community-park; June 30, 11am-11:30 pm; horse shoe tournament, food concessions children's activities Stateline Boys Band, fireworks at 9:30 pm.
• Independence Day! Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, 7036 Grand Geneva Way at Highways 50 East and 12, Lake Geneva, 800-558-3417, www.grandgeneva.com; July 3, arts and crafts, face painting, caricaturist, balloon artist, bounce house, picnic foods, Embers Terrace Dinner Event, 5K run/walk, water ski show, Grand Fireworks display at dusk.
• 4th Of July Parties & Full Moon Week; Hemingway's, N3270 County Hwy H, Lake Geneva, 262-348-1200, www.hemingwaysportofcall.com; July 3-7. featuring Bamboozles Grill-N-Smokehouse pig roast, drink and food specials.
• "Let Freedom Ring" 4th of July; throughout Delavan, 262-728-5585, http://ci.delavan.wi.us/4thJulyparade.php; July 4, activities throughout the day at various locations, 9:30 pm fireworks at Veteran's Park.
• Fourth of July Fireworks Display; Lakefront, Fontana, 262-275-5102; July 4 at dusk.
• 4th of July at Geneva National; Geneva National Golf Club, 1221 Geneva National Avenue South, Lake Geneva,262-245-7041, www.genevanationalresort.com; July 4, 5 p.m., Party in the Pavilion: BBQ, DJ, drinks and bouncy-houses and other games for the kids, fireworks show at 9:15 pm.
• 4th of July at Geneva Ridge Resort; Geneva Ridge Resort, W4240 State Road 50, Lake Geneva, 262-248-9121,www.genevaridge.com; July 4, picnic on the completely renovated outdoor patio featuring a state-of-the art pool bar and fire pit, fireworks display 9 pm.
• Fourth Of July Celebration; The Abbey Resort, 269 Fontana Blvd, Fontana, 888-858-0861; July 4, live musical entertainment, children's activities, delicious snacks and of course, fireworks!
• An Old World Fourth of July; Old World Wisconsin, W372 S9727 Hwy 67, Eagle,
262-594-2922, www.oldworldwisconsin.org; July 4, 10 am-5 pm, an old-fashioned event like those held in small towns in the 19th and 20th centuries.
• Geneva National July 4th Fireworks and BBQ; Geneva National Golf Club, Lake Geneva; 262-245-7046, genevanationalresort.com; July 4, 5-10 pm, traditional holiday picnic, 9:15 fireworks and ala carte food and beverages.
• July 4 Fireworks Cocktail Cruise; Lake Geneva Cruise Line, Riviera Docks, Lake Geneva, 800-558-5911, www.cruiselakegeneva.com; July 4, 7:30-10:30 pm, see the exciting Fontana fireworks display from the deck of the Lady of the Lake.
• July 4 Fireworks Jazz Dinner Cruise; Lake Geneva Cruise Line, Riviera Docks, Lake Geneva, 800-558-5911, www.cruiselakegeneva.com; July 4, 7:30-10:30 pm, enjoy a sit-down dinner cruise aboard the Grand Belle with live entertainment.
There's more to keep you busy, even after you've participated in as many 4th of July celebrations as your energy permits. Experience live music on the waterfront, at area parks, or at the famous Alpine Valley Music Theatre where Dave Matthews Band is featured July 6-7. Add some "green" to your vacation trip as you visit the many Farmer's Markets in the area. If you prefer the greens of a golf course, you'll find world class golfing in the Lake Geneva Area. Visit http://www.visitwalworthcounty.com/golf.html for a listing of area golf courses.
The Lake Geneva Area is home to one-of-a-kind attractions like the East Troy Railroad, Yerkes Observatory, Dancing Horses, Old World Wisconsin, and Black Point Mansion. See http://www.visitwalworthcounty.com/attractions.html for details. There is an abundance of activities for those who love the outdoors, spas for those who enjoy pampering, and many dining and shopping opportunities. Visit http://www.visitwalworthcounty.com/shopdine.html.
Plan on spending an extended week-end, a week or more in the Lake Geneva Area to experience all there is to do and see. With world class resorts, family-friendly hotels and campsites, and cozy bed and breakfast establishments, there is lodging to fit everyone's taste and budget. Find out about special discounted lodging packages at http://www.visitwalworthcounty.com/packages.html.
For a complete listing of activities, places to stay, attractions, dining, shopping and more visit www.VisitWalworthCounty.com or call 800-395-8687. If you would like suggestions, ideas, or information on planning a getaway to the Lake Geneva Area, the Walworth County Visitors Bureau will provide you with an itinerary designed around your interests and needs.
The Walworth County Visitors' Bureau (WCVB), located in Elkhorn, Wis., is dedicated to promoting tourism throughout Walworth County. The Bureau is located in a historic building featuring antiques and vintage items, where visitors can browse through area travel literature and enjoy Wi-Fi and a coffee bar. For additional information, contact the WCVB at (800) 395-8687 or (262) 723-3980 or go to www.VisitWalworthCounty.com. Find us on facebook.com/GreaterLakeGenevaArea. Follow us on twitter.com/VisitLakeGeneva.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kathy's House Classic Golf Outing Planned
- Highlighted Volunteer Opportunities
- Taste of Mequon
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Falls Youth Art on Display at MF Froedert Medical Clinic
- Free Training Sessions For Businesses to Enhance the Workplace
- Plein Air Painting Competition Announced as Part of Concordia's Lake Moon Festival Aug. 9
- Highlighted Volunteer Opportunities
- Gearing up for the 2nd annual Rummage 4 Rambo!
- KITCHEN DRIVE FOR VETERANS IN NEED