Historian John Eastberg, along with E.J. Brumder, will discuss the impact of George Brumder (1839-1910), the nation's leading publisher of German-language literature, on Milwaukee and the wider German-American community, at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, August 3, 2012 at the UWM Hefter Conference Center.
The UWM Libraries hold one of the largest collections of Brumder publications.
John Eastberg has been the historian for the Pabst Mansion for over 12 years and holds an MA from Marquette in 19th century American history with an emphasis on the Gilded Age.
E.J. Brumder, the Brumder family historian, is the co-author of "German Milwaukee: Its History, Its Recipes."
“The Voice of Germania: George Brumder's Milwaukee” is free and open to the public. Limited seating requires reservations. Please reserve by July 30 by contacting Ana Conant (414) 229-3293 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The UWM Hefter Conference Center is located at 3271 Lake Drive. For more information about the event, please call 414-229-2811.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College’s Poll Worker Project Wins State-wide Award
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Offers Remodeling Ideas To Add Warmth
- Local insurance agency wins an award
- Milwaukee's My Princess & Me - Mom & Daughter Day
- And the oscar goes to...
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 10 Members
- "RUN FOR YOUR WIFE" presented by Imagination Theatre
- How Do You Make It Funny...Comedy Secrets Revealed
- Red Phase Screech Owl Sighting at SANC!
- Big Magic Show March 8th to benefit Germantown Youth Futures