Catherine Nolan of Milwaukee has assumed office for a one-year term as president of the Milwaukee Choristers (www.milwaukeechoristers.org). A soprano with the chorus since 1988, Nolan taught music for Milwaukee Public Schools for 18 years. She holds a Master of Fine Arts degree in music, choral conducting and voice and has performed with The Skylight Opera.
Nolan succeeds Keralyn Bolliger of Glendale, also a soprano and a member of the Choristers since 1981. Bolliger taught school in Iowa before moving to Wisconsin and teaching in the Wauwatosa school system. Later, she was a substitute teacher in Glendale for 15 years.
Jeanne Tyszka of Franklin joins the board as the Choristers president-elect. An alto with the chorus since 1978 and the alto section leader, Tyszka taught choral and general music for Waukesha and Racine schools. She received her Bachelor of Music degree at Alverno College and a Master of Arts in Music Education from the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, MN.
New to Choristers’ board as a director-at-large is Chris Bruett, who joined the community chorus in 2010 and is a member of the baritone section. Bruett resides in Wauwatosa and manages strategic partnerships for the OEM Solutions Group at Dell. He also plays trumpet in the Jackson Park Jazz Orchestra, a group of dads that plays jazz and swing combo standards.
Norman Wahn joins the board as a voting member and the group's treasurer. Wahn is a Certified Public Accountant and has owned and operated Tosa Accounting & Tax Service since 2003. Also a Wauwatosa resident, Wahn is a graduate of UW-Milwaukee with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in accounting. He has previously sung with the Choristers.
Returning to the board are secretary Susan Wing of Menomonee Falls and Gail Anderson of Mequon. Wing, an alto with the choir since 1999, was principal of Woodlands School and is now a student teacher supervisor at Marquette University. Anderson, a soprano who joined the Choristers in 1981, continues as the group’s business manager. She is director of the choir at Loving Shepherd Lutheran Church in Milwaukee.
Two directors-at-large also continue service on the voting board. Annette Kordus, an alto with the Choristers since 2010, is a compensation specialist in the human resources department at the Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek law firm in Milwaukee. She resides in Franklin. Gregory Davidson, a baritone of Milwaukee, is a data processor at Publisher's Mail Service. Davidson joined the Choristers in 2007.
The Milwaukee Choristers were formed in 1933 by a group of alumni of Milwaukee Riverside High School’s A Cappella Choir. Dr. James B. Kinchen, Jr. of Sturtevant, a professor of music and director of choral activities at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, has conducted the chorus since 1993.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Achieves Ameriprise Circle of Success Recognition, Five Star Wealth Management Award
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- JCC ART LAB "LIVING WATERS" ART SHOW OPEN JUNE 4TH
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- Golf Outing Kicks Off New Era in NBWest Basketball