Dominican High School’s award-winning Theater Department is excited to announce their production of the musical Once On This Island, October 25-27 and November 2-4, 2012. Once On This Island is a captivating legend of romance between a peasant girl and a rich city boy whom she saves from death. This calypso-flavored retelling of The Little Mermaid features over 40 students in the cast and technical crew and showcases Dominican’s music and dance talents, as well as its community and diversity. Once On This Island is a moving, energetic, ensemble production that is this fun for the whole family!
All performances will take place in the Dominican High School auditorium at 120 E. Silver Spring Drive, Whitefish Bay. Performance dates and times are as follows:
Thursday, October 25 @ 7:00 pm
Friday, October 26 @ 7:30 pm
Saturday, October 27 @ 7:30 pm
Friday, November 2 @ 7:30 pm
Saturday, November 3 @ 7:30 pm
Sunday, November 4 @ 2:00 pm
In addition to the performances held at the school, Dominican has been selected to be the Showcase Musical at the Wisconsin State Theatre Festival on November 15, 2012 at UW-Stevens Point where they will perform Once On This Island at 4:00pm and 8:00pm.
Dominican High School is a leader in secondary education, providing young men and women with a quality, Catholic college-preparatory education in a supportive, nurturing environment. Founded over 50 years ago by the Sinsinawa Dominicans and based in Whitefish Bay, Wis., Dominican’s diverse population draws students from more than 50 grade schools and four counties across southeastern Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- Northshore Physical Therapy Offers Free Pain/Injury Screenings with Humane Society Donations
- Journey to Bethlehem at Whitefish Bay United Methodist
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Winter Fun for Everyone in Mequon
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Festival of Trees
- Mequon Resident Performs in Acacia Theatre Company’s “Advent of Redemption”
- Concordia University Receives $50,000 for Health Mobile Program