Dominican High School’s award-winning Theater Department is excited to announce their production of the musical Once On This Island, October 25-27 and November 2-4, 2012. Once On This Island is a captivating legend of romance between a peasant girl and a rich city boy whom she saves from death. This calypso-flavored retelling of The Little Mermaid features over 40 students in the cast and technical crew and showcases Dominican’s music and dance talents, as well as its community and diversity. Once On This Island is a moving, energetic, ensemble production that is this fun for the whole family!
All performances will take place in the Dominican High School auditorium at 120 E. Silver Spring Drive, Whitefish Bay. Performance dates and times are as follows:
Thursday, October 25 @ 7:00 pm
Friday, October 26 @ 7:30 pm
Saturday, October 27 @ 7:30 pm
Friday, November 2 @ 7:30 pm
Saturday, November 3 @ 7:30 pm
Sunday, November 4 @ 2:00 pm
In addition to the performances held at the school, Dominican has been selected to be the Showcase Musical at the Wisconsin State Theatre Festival on November 15, 2012 at UW-Stevens Point where they will perform Once On This Island at 4:00pm and 8:00pm.
Dominican High School is a leader in secondary education, providing young men and women with a quality, Catholic college-preparatory education in a supportive, nurturing environment. Founded over 50 years ago by the Sinsinawa Dominicans and based in Whitefish Bay, Wis., Dominican’s diverse population draws students from more than 50 grade schools and four counties across southeastern Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Volunteer Opportunities in Our Community
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Achieves Ameriprise Circle of Success Recognition, Five Star Wealth Management Award
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- JCC ART LAB "LIVING WATERS" ART SHOW OPEN JUNE 4TH
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23