Wisconsin Artisans Travel with their Art to Chelsea London early October.
October is here and the leaves are changing. With it comes a trip to London for an exhibition that will bring the Director the Grafton Arts Mill Paula DeStefanis Christensen and two Grafton Art’s Mill Artisans; Sue Cibulka and artist and arts advocate Valorie Schleicher to Chelsea London for an international Art Show. The International show will showcase artists from 33 countires around the world.
The shows premise is Art for the like of Art, an avant-garde way of viewing, buying and enjoying Art. The Parallax Art Fair is the world’s largest curated international art fair taking place along the King’s Road at the Chelsea Old Town Hall.
Parallax, which is conceived and curated by art historian Dr Chris Barlow, explores new theories in contemporary art and curation, with associated lectures and talks. It is also Freeze week in London the largest showing of Arts works from across the world in one place.
Dr Chris Barlow commented: "Parallax has grown since 2010 into a serious platform for new, emerging and established artists from all over the world to present their work to dealers, collectors, critics and buyers. To see the catalogue of Artisans go to barlowfinedrawings.com/octoberartistcatalogue.html
"We are very excited to welcome new, fresh artistic discoveries and showcase the very best of contemporary art.”
Paula DeStefanis Christensen and Sue Cibulka suecibulka.wordpress.com, both of Cedarburg will showcase their oil paintings and Valorie Schleicher, vlsculptures.com, of Wauwatosa will be showcasing her strong Woman Sculptures. You can view the artisans works at their respective sites: paulaspalette.me, suecibulka.wordpress.com, vlsculptures.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- Northshore Physical Therapy Offers Free Pain/Injury Screenings with Humane Society Donations
- Journey to Bethlehem at Whitefish Bay United Methodist
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Winter Fun for Everyone in Mequon
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Festival of Trees
- Mequon Resident Performs in Acacia Theatre Company’s “Advent of Redemption”
- Concordia University Receives $50,000 for Health Mobile Program