Concordia University Celebrates the Opening of its Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching
The grand opening of Concordia University's new Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT) will take place on Wed., Nov. 7 from 4 to 6 p.m. in the new Teaching and Learning Lab (R006) on CUW’s Mequon campus.
The purpose of CELT is to develop faculty for excellence in teaching in the face-to-face and blended learning environments, including the meaningful connection between faith and learning, and to support Concordia’s mission of Christ-centered, Lutheran higher education.
“Teaching is at the heart of our work with students here at Concordia,” says Dr. Elizabeth Evans, director of CELT.
The new Teaching and Learning Lab is equipped with state-of-the-art classroom technology, including a control console and SMART board. Faculty will be able to use the Lab to practice technology prior to working with students, according to Evans.
Part of the grand opening celebration on Nov. 7 will include remarks by CUW President Rev. Dr. Patrick T. Ferry. Please RSVP for the grand opening to email@example.com. For more information about the Center, visit https://www.cuw.edu/Departments/celt/.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hilarious and Heartwarming "Holidays At My House" One-Woman Show!
- Join us for the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Acacia Ushers in Christmas with Encore Performance of Humorous “Fish Eyes"
- Mequon Nature Preserve Receives Community Partner of the Year Award
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Explains Bathtub Materials
- Glendale’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-foot Live Balsam Tree
- Lake Country Orchestra - Concert at OAC
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Should You Repair or Replace Your Appliance? Appliance Gallery Offers Some Advice