Premiering for the first time in Skylight Music Theatre’s 54 year history is the beloved musical, The Sound of Music, the true story of the von Trapp Family singers complete with cherished Rogers and Hammerstein melodies. Skylight’s production of the classic musical will feature the largest cast to date with a total of 62 members. Twenty-three of those members are youth actors from the local Milwaukee area including two from Brookfield.
Emma Borkowski (Louisa)– Emma, an eighth grader at Wisconsin Hills MS, makes her Skylight debut after appearing on many local stages including First Stage, Waukesha Civic, Sunset Playhouse, Shorewood Players, UW-Waukesha and Modjeska Youth Theatre. Favorite roles: Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz) and Annie (Annie). Performing My New Philosophy, Emma won first place and a $500.00 cash prize in Oconomowoc’s Got Talent, 2012.
Meg Borkowski (Trio) – Meg is junior at Brookfield Central HS where she plays violin with the Chamber Orchestra, sings with the Chamber Choir and had the privilege of portraying Narrator in Joseph. Meg has danced since the age of four, and currently studies ballet, jazz and modern. Meg is proud to be a Sunset Playhouse 2012-13 Rising Star, featured in The Golden Age of Broadway.
The show will run from November 16 to December 31 in the Cabot Theatre. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Skylight box office at 414-291-7800 or online at www.skylightmusictheatre.org. Filled with childhood favorites like “Do-Re-Mi”, “My Favorite Things” and “Edelweiss”, The Sound of Music is the perfect family show for the holiday season!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- Northshore Physical Therapy Offers Free Pain/Injury Screenings with Humane Society Donations
- Journey to Bethlehem at Whitefish Bay United Methodist
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Winter Fun for Everyone in Mequon
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Festival of Trees
- Mequon Resident Performs in Acacia Theatre Company’s “Advent of Redemption”
- Concordia University Receives $50,000 for Health Mobile Program