An inspiring story of a brave Polish Catholic housekeeper secretly protecting Jewish refugees while working for a German major comes to life in “Irena’s Vow,” playwright Dan Gordon’s retelling of the true story of Irena Gut Opdyke.
All performances will be given in Concordia University Wisconsin’s Todd Wehr Auditorium, 12800 North Lake Shore Drive in Mequon, Wis.
“Irena’s Vow” is the inspiring, life-affirming story of one of the most courageous and unsung heroines of World War II, Irena Gut Opdyke. 19-year-old Irena, a Polish Catholic, was forced to work as head housekeeper for a prominent German major. Over a two year period of service, Irena used her wit, humor, and courage to protect the lives of the Jewish refugees she cared for secretly. A celebration of triumph in a time of suffering, this is an extraordinary true story of one woman’s character.
Performances will be given on Friday, November 9, 2012 at 8pm; Saturday, November 10, 2012 at 8pm; Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 3pm; Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 8pm; Friday, November 16, 2012 at 8pm; Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 4pm and 8pm; Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 3pm.
Season Subscription and Single Ticket Information
Season subscriptions cost $38, or $30 for senior citizens, full-time students and full-time clergy.
Single tickets will cost $16, or $13 for senior citizens, full-time students and full-time clergy. More information is available by calling (414) 744-5995 or visiting www.acaciatheatre.com.
About Acacia Theatre Company
Founded in 1980, Acacia Theatre Company is an independent, non-profit, interdenominational group of dramatic artists who share a common desire to integrate art and faith by presenting theatre from a Judeo-Christian worldview. Through uplifting, quality entertainment, Acacia provides occasion for thanksgiving, growth and enjoyment, and the opportunity for Christians and non-Christians to consider their lives in relation to God. More information is available at www.acaciatheatre.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Francis Borgia Parish Hosts 'Breakfast with Baby Jesus' to House of Peace
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Smart Choice MRI Opens New Location in Waukesha County
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Mequon United Methodist Church Christmas Cantata - What a Gift
- Girl's Lacrosse Registration Now Open
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- City of Glendale to celebrate annual Menorah Lighting Ceremony at Bayshore Town Center
- 23rd Annual Homestead High School Holiday Celebration
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Home Improvement Ideas For Hosting The Holidays