More than $20,000 raised at event
"Hats off to our seniors” was the theme for the annual fall luncheon benefiting Ozaukee Family Services held on November 13. More than 150 people enjoyed a delicious lunch while several local senior citizens shared stories on how Ozaukee Family Services allows them to remain living independently in their own homes.
The $20,000 raised at the event will fund a wide variety of services offered by the local nonprofit agency including the senior services program which matches volunteers with local seniors to assist with transportation, yard work, errands, visits, and household tasks. Ozaukee County seniors that need a little assistance to remain living independently are encouraged to contact Ozaukee Family Services at 262.376.7774. Hear from several local seniors on the impact the agency has had on them by clicking on the link to a video at http://www.ozaukeefamilyservices.org/news/hats-off-to-seniors
Corporate sponsors helped underwrite the cost of the luncheon thereby maximizing proceeds – all of which are put right back into the community. Ozaukee Family Services wishes to thank the following sponsors: Robert W. Baird Foundation, Visual Image Photography, Port Washington State Bank, Michael Best & Friedrich, Hydrite Chemical Co., Quarles & Brady, Darling Dental, Catnap Communications, Cornerstone Community Bank, Protech, Casper Creative and the Dorothy Jentges-Antoine Memorial.
Ozaukee Family Services is a non-profit agency that serves all of Ozaukee County with a mission of improving lives to help families succeed. In addition to the senior program, the agency offers parent education and support; prevention education; Rainbows support for children who have experienced death or divorce in their family and affordable counseling for individuals, couples and families. All services are free or on a sliding fee scale – no one is ever turned away because of the inability to pay. To learn more contact Ozaukee Family Services at 262.376.7774 or visit www.OzaukeeFamilyServices.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Volunteer Opportunities in Our Community
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Achieves Ameriprise Circle of Success Recognition, Five Star Wealth Management Award
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- JCC ART LAB "LIVING WATERS" ART SHOW OPEN JUNE 4TH
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23