More than $20,000 raised at event
"Hats off to our seniors” was the theme for the annual fall luncheon benefiting Ozaukee Family Services held on November 13. More than 150 people enjoyed a delicious lunch while several local senior citizens shared stories on how Ozaukee Family Services allows them to remain living independently in their own homes.
The $20,000 raised at the event will fund a wide variety of services offered by the local nonprofit agency including the senior services program which matches volunteers with local seniors to assist with transportation, yard work, errands, visits, and household tasks. Ozaukee County seniors that need a little assistance to remain living independently are encouraged to contact Ozaukee Family Services at 262.376.7774. Hear from several local seniors on the impact the agency has had on them by clicking on the link to a video at http://www.ozaukeefamilyservices.org/news/hats-off-to-seniors
Corporate sponsors helped underwrite the cost of the luncheon thereby maximizing proceeds – all of which are put right back into the community. Ozaukee Family Services wishes to thank the following sponsors: Robert W. Baird Foundation, Visual Image Photography, Port Washington State Bank, Michael Best & Friedrich, Hydrite Chemical Co., Quarles & Brady, Darling Dental, Catnap Communications, Cornerstone Community Bank, Protech, Casper Creative and the Dorothy Jentges-Antoine Memorial.
Ozaukee Family Services is a non-profit agency that serves all of Ozaukee County with a mission of improving lives to help families succeed. In addition to the senior program, the agency offers parent education and support; prevention education; Rainbows support for children who have experienced death or divorce in their family and affordable counseling for individuals, couples and families. All services are free or on a sliding fee scale – no one is ever turned away because of the inability to pay. To learn more contact Ozaukee Family Services at 262.376.7774 or visit www.OzaukeeFamilyServices.org
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Free Workshops for Parents of Teens/Adolescents
- Concordia University Wisconsin Offers Safe Disposal of Prescription Drugs
- Some of the finest one of a kind Jewelry can be found at Purloin Studio
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Hair cuts for Ayla
- Alverno College Cancels Classes For One Day So Students Can Volunteer
- New Sailor on the Block