Mequon resident wins Days of Sharing donation for Milwaukee Chinese Community Center from Northwestern Mutual
Northwestern Mutual, through its Foundation, is announcing a $3,000 grant for Milwaukee Chinese Community Center on behalf of Mequon resident Xiaohe Wang, a winner in Northwestern Mutual’s Days of Sharing campaign. The annual program encourages employees to nominate local nonprofits they care deeply about to receive grant funds in their name.
Wang works as an investment product and services account senior specialist the controllers department at the Milwaukee-based financial security company.
“This grant will allow the Milwaukee Chinese Community Center to continue and further its mission, and also enable it to build bridges, reach out to other cultures and add to the fabric of the ethnic diversity of Milwaukee,” said Wang. “Specifically, the grant will help support the first annual Milwaukee Dragon Boat Festival, which encourages cultural diversity and awareness in the Milwaukee community.”
More than 770 employees nominated their favorite local nonprofit as part of Days of Sharing this year. The 25 winning grants were chosen at random each day during the week of November 12 and range in size from $1,000 to $10,000.
“Northwestern Mutual employees have a long history of giving back to the community,” said John Kordsmeier, president, Northwestern Mutual Foundation. “This is a unique way for us to recognize and honor the passion that employees like Xiaohe have for strengthening the places where we live and work.”
More than 1,000 Northwestern Mutual employees donate 21,000 hours each year to community volunteer efforts through group activities, mentoring, charity drives, and service on nonprofit boards.
In the program’s five-year history, the Northwestern Mutual Foundation has awarded more than $600,000 in grants on behalf of its employees.
- OPEN HOUSE – Learn about Volunteer Opportunities at Ozaukee Family Services
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- J&B Construction Explains Ways to Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Wine Women Word
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- U.S. Cellular Sponsors Mequon Little League: Sponsorship includes more than $75,000 in needed gear for six Wisconsin youth leagues