Mequon resident wins Days of Sharing donation for Milwaukee Chinese Community Center from Northwestern Mutual
Northwestern Mutual, through its Foundation, is announcing a $3,000 grant for Milwaukee Chinese Community Center on behalf of Mequon resident Xiaohe Wang, a winner in Northwestern Mutual’s Days of Sharing campaign. The annual program encourages employees to nominate local nonprofits they care deeply about to receive grant funds in their name.
Wang works as an investment product and services account senior specialist the controllers department at the Milwaukee-based financial security company.
“This grant will allow the Milwaukee Chinese Community Center to continue and further its mission, and also enable it to build bridges, reach out to other cultures and add to the fabric of the ethnic diversity of Milwaukee,” said Wang. “Specifically, the grant will help support the first annual Milwaukee Dragon Boat Festival, which encourages cultural diversity and awareness in the Milwaukee community.”
More than 770 employees nominated their favorite local nonprofit as part of Days of Sharing this year. The 25 winning grants were chosen at random each day during the week of November 12 and range in size from $1,000 to $10,000.
“Northwestern Mutual employees have a long history of giving back to the community,” said John Kordsmeier, president, Northwestern Mutual Foundation. “This is a unique way for us to recognize and honor the passion that employees like Xiaohe have for strengthening the places where we live and work.”
More than 1,000 Northwestern Mutual employees donate 21,000 hours each year to community volunteer efforts through group activities, mentoring, charity drives, and service on nonprofit boards.
In the program’s five-year history, the Northwestern Mutual Foundation has awarded more than $600,000 in grants on behalf of its employees.
- Free Workshop Provides Tips On How to Save a Soaked Cellphone
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- 5 Tips for Parents and Teens for Safe Summer Driving
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Wisconsin Luxury Home Market(ing) Trends
- Charter Manufacturing Purchases Mequon Office Building
- Mequon Resident is all Smiles at Froedtert Hospital
- Volunteer Center community volunteering
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Wauwatosa West Class of 2001 Reunion