Concordia University recently announcing a new Executive Director of International Education in its Office of International Student Services. Rev. Dr. David Birner will begin his work at CUW in February.
Dr. Birner will be responsible for working closely with the academic deans and program directors to identify, connect, and coordinate CUW’s multiple relationships and academic programs, in order to further define and expand CUW’s global footprint.
“We are thrilled to bring Dr. Birner onto our team,” said Rev. Dr. Patrick T. Ferry, President of CUW. “Not only does he bring with him Synod (Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod) experience, but his international work, as a missionary, will be extremely valuable to our fast growing program,” Dr. Ferry added.
Dr. Birner has extensive experience as an executive leader of international programs and personnel on five continents. From 2003 to 2012 Dr. Birner was responsible for leadership of the LCMS World Mission International Program in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Eurasia.
“I am looking forward to using my networks and life experience to support and promote the reputation of CUW, both here in the U.S. and abroad,” said Dr. Birner. “I am especially excited to join such an energetic, spirited, and talented staff,” he added.
Dr. Birner graduated from Concordia Senior College in Ft. Wayne, IN in 1973 with a Bachelor of Arts degree. In 1977 he received a Master of Divinity degree from Christ Seminary in St. Louis. In 2010 he received a Doctor of Ministry degree from Bakke Graduate University in Seattle.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Concordia University Hosts 'Career Night' at its Five Milwaukee Area Centers on March 19 at 6 p.m.
- Dragonfly Meditation Studio Opens in Mequon
- Elite Sports Clubs Glendale Offers Free ‘Yoga/Meditation for Sleep’ Class in March
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Essay Winners from the Daughters of the American Revolution - Milwaukee Chapter
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Award Winning Pet Care Provider Expands Service to Mequon