Concordia University recently announcing a new Executive Director of International Education in its Office of International Student Services. Rev. Dr. David Birner will begin his work at CUW in February.
Dr. Birner will be responsible for working closely with the academic deans and program directors to identify, connect, and coordinate CUW’s multiple relationships and academic programs, in order to further define and expand CUW’s global footprint.
“We are thrilled to bring Dr. Birner onto our team,” said Rev. Dr. Patrick T. Ferry, President of CUW. “Not only does he bring with him Synod (Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod) experience, but his international work, as a missionary, will be extremely valuable to our fast growing program,” Dr. Ferry added.
Dr. Birner has extensive experience as an executive leader of international programs and personnel on five continents. From 2003 to 2012 Dr. Birner was responsible for leadership of the LCMS World Mission International Program in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Eurasia.
“I am looking forward to using my networks and life experience to support and promote the reputation of CUW, both here in the U.S. and abroad,” said Dr. Birner. “I am especially excited to join such an energetic, spirited, and talented staff,” he added.
Dr. Birner graduated from Concordia Senior College in Ft. Wayne, IN in 1973 with a Bachelor of Arts degree. In 1977 he received a Master of Divinity degree from Christ Seminary in St. Louis. In 2010 he received a Doctor of Ministry degree from Bakke Graduate University in Seattle.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- JCC ART LAB "LIVING WATERS" ART SHOW OPEN JUNE 4TH
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- Golf Outing Kicks Off New Era in NBWest Basketball
- Community Volunteer Opportunities