A presentation on “Organic Gardening – Finding the Answers” will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 23, at Milwaukee Area Technical College’s Mequon Campus, 5555 W. Highland Road. The free talk will be held in Room A129 in the cafeteria.
Francie Szostak and Mary Ann Ihm of Wellspring Organic Farm and Education Center in West Bend, Wis., will discuss the value of growing your own food, how to start an organic garden and the differences between organic and conventional gardening.
The talk is part of the “Mequon Campus Patio Series,” designed to feature local experts speaking on a variety of topics to further the formation and intellectual enrichment of the community.
Attendees are welcome to bring their own lunches. For more information or reservations, please contact Sandra Webster at (262) 238-2205 or email@example.com.
Wisconsin’s largest technical college and the most diverse two-year institution in the Midwest, Milwaukee Area Technical College is a key driver of southeastern Wisconsin’s economy and has provided innovative education in the region since 1912. Approximately 50,000 students per year attend the college’s four campuses and community-based sites or learn online. MATC offers affordable and accessible education and training opportunities that empower and transform lives in the community. The college offers 200 academic programs; nearly 400 transfer options leading to bachelor’s degrees; and a Pre-College Education division that assists people to
complete high school, prepare for college or enter the workforce. Overwhelmingly, MATC
graduates build careers and businesses in southeastern Wisconsin. The college is accredited through the Higher Learning Commission, the national standard for academics and student services
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Concordia University Hosts 'Career Night' at its Five Milwaukee Area Centers on March 19 at 6 p.m.
- Dragonfly Meditation Studio Opens in Mequon
- Elite Sports Clubs Glendale Offers Free ‘Yoga/Meditation for Sleep’ Class in March
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Essay Winners from the Daughters of the American Revolution - Milwaukee Chapter
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Award Winning Pet Care Provider Expands Service to Mequon