Aurora Medical Center in Grafton awarded $10,000 grant from National Emergency Medicine Association
The National Emergency Medicine Association recently awarded Aurora Medical Center in Grafton a $10,000 grant. The grant will help buy a Laerdal SimMan Essential Patient Simulator, which will benefit residents through enhanced training for emergency responders. This gift brings Aurora Medical Center in Grafton closer to the $134,500 needed to bring the SimMan technology to our community this year.
A SimMan is a computerized human patient simulator that can talk, breathe, blink and bleed. SimMan is used for life-saving training on skills such as airway obstruction, cardiac arrest, stroke, heart attack and other serious medical conditions.
Steven Zils, MD, medical director for the Aurora Medical Center in Grafton, said, “Most of the emergency medical service personnel in our area are volunteers or paid-on-call. Since their call volume isn’t as high as in urban areas, SimMan will provide additional educational opportunities so they can remain proficient in their skills.”
More than 400 volunteer and paid-on-call emergency medical technicians will benefit from SimMan training.
Aurora Health Care is a not-for-profit Wisconsin health care provider and a nationally recognized leader in efforts to improve the quality of health care. Aurora offers services at sites in more than 90 communities throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Concordia University Pops Concert
- Lakeshore Symphonic Band Celebrates 40th Season
- Parenting Classes/Workshops - Most are Free
- Just Between Friends’ West Bend Consignment Sale Starts Wednesday
- IT'S THIS SUNDAY - September 27th - BD Fall Community Rummage Sale
- Let's Dance Masquerade Fundraiser, Oct. 31
- Family Dinner Day 2015
- Big Z: Unique family meal option from Marcus Theatres
- INTERFAITH HOSTING ANNUAL NEIGHBORHOOD OUTREACH FUNDRAISER TO SUPPORT SENIORS IN THE COMMUNITY