Ozaukee Family Services (OFS) recently presented the Christine Mattingly Award to Diana Dempster, a long time employee of the nonprofit agency. The annual award recognizes an individual who makes significant contributions to the agency and the people it serves. It is named in honor of Christine Mattingly, a Mequon woman who was an employee, volunteer, and friend of the agency. Christine passed way in 1995 at the age of 44. Before her death, she asked several friends to ensure that OFS would grow and thrive and be there for anyone who needed assistance. Members of Christine’s family were on hand as the award was presented in memory of their wife/mother.
Diana has been an employee of Ozaukee Family Services for 15 years. She currently is one of several certified parent educators in the Parents as Teachers program. She makes home visits to families with small children and shares information on brain research and child development. In addition she provides ideas, activities and suggestions for stimulating a child’s development to coincide with opportunities for learning. The free program supports parents in their role as their child’s first and most influential teacher.
During her years at OFS, Diana has implemented several new programs, including the Rainbows Program – peer support for children who have experienced the death of a parent or divorce in their family. Diana expanded prevention programs to include school districts throughout the county and has had a positive impact on many lives as a counselor and educator. “Diana always goes the extra mile for the children and families she works with as well as the agency,” said executive director Cheri Farnsworth.
Ozaukee Family Services is a nonprofit agency that assists families of all shapes and sizes through a myriad of programs including parent education and support; prevention education; Rainbows support for children who have experienced death or divorce in their family; affordable counseling for individuals, couples and families; and services that help senior citizens continue to live independently. All services are free or on a sliding fee scale – no one is ever turned away because of the inability to pay. To learn more contact Ozaukee Family Services at 262.376.7774 or visit www.OzaukeeFamilyServices.org
Diana Dempster, this year’s Christine Mattingly Award recipient, is pictured with some of Christine’s family members. Left to Right: Paul Mattingly, Diana Dempster, Kerry Mattingly, Colleen Mattingly.
- OPEN HOUSE – Learn about Volunteer Opportunities at Ozaukee Family Services
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- J&B Construction Explains Ways to Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Wine Women Word
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- U.S. Cellular Sponsors Mequon Little League: Sponsorship includes more than $75,000 in needed gear for six Wisconsin youth leagues