The Milwaukee Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution honored the winners of the American History Essay Contest and the DAR Good Citizen Contest at their monthly luncheon on February 2, 2013.
First place in 5th grade was Savannah Giuli from Carollton Elementary School in Oak Creek. She was entered by her teacher, Janice Posda.
The 6th grade winner was Katy Mollwitz from Trinity Lutheran School in Mequon. She was entered by her Principal Roger Tessendorf.
Finishing in first place were two students from Glen Hills Middle School, Glendale; 7th grader David Perry and 8th grader, Parker McMahon. Their essays were entered by their teacher, Lalitha Murali.
Selected as the High School Good Citizen winner was Anna Linton, a senior from Whitefish Bay High School, Whitefish Bay.
All of the students received $50, medals, and certificates. Their winning essays have been sent on for state level judging.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- J&B Construction Provides Tips on Decking Material Selections
- Elder Eric Scott Dougherty Returns Home
- Alverno Presents Okwui Okpokwasili: Bronx Gothic
- FREE Classes for Parents
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Annex Wealth Management to Host Women, Wine & Wealth - A "Sandwich Generation" Break February 24 at Harvey's Central Grill
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Design Tech Remodeling Named NARI 2016 Regional CotY TM Winner
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System