The Milwaukee Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution honored the winners of the American History Essay Contest and the DAR Good Citizen Contest at their monthly luncheon on February 2, 2013.
First place in 5th grade was Savannah Giuli from Carollton Elementary School in Oak Creek. She was entered by her teacher, Janice Posda.
The 6th grade winner was Katy Mollwitz from Trinity Lutheran School in Mequon. She was entered by her Principal Roger Tessendorf.
Finishing in first place were two students from Glen Hills Middle School, Glendale; 7th grader David Perry and 8th grader, Parker McMahon. Their essays were entered by their teacher, Lalitha Murali.
Selected as the High School Good Citizen winner was Anna Linton, a senior from Whitefish Bay High School, Whitefish Bay.
All of the students received $50, medals, and certificates. Their winning essays have been sent on for state level judging.
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Free Workshops for Parents of Teens/Adolescents
- Concordia University Wisconsin Offers Safe Disposal of Prescription Drugs
- Some of the finest one of a kind Jewelry can be found at Purloin Studio
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Hair cuts for Ayla
- Alverno College Cancels Classes For One Day So Students Can Volunteer
- New Sailor on the Block