The Milwaukee Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution honored the winners of the American History Essay Contest and the DAR Good Citizen Contest at their monthly luncheon on February 2, 2013.
First place in 5th grade was Savannah Giuli from Carollton Elementary School in Oak Creek. She was entered by her teacher, Janice Posda.
The 6th grade winner was Katy Mollwitz from Trinity Lutheran School in Mequon. She was entered by her Principal Roger Tessendorf.
Finishing in first place were two students from Glen Hills Middle School, Glendale; 7th grader David Perry and 8th grader, Parker McMahon. Their essays were entered by their teacher, Lalitha Murali.
Selected as the High School Good Citizen winner was Anna Linton, a senior from Whitefish Bay High School, Whitefish Bay.
All of the students received $50, medals, and certificates. Their winning essays have been sent on for state level judging.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College’s Poll Worker Project Wins State-wide Award
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Offers Remodeling Ideas To Add Warmth
- Local insurance agency wins an award
- Milwaukee's My Princess & Me - Mom & Daughter Day
- And the oscar goes to...
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 10 Members
- "RUN FOR YOUR WIFE" presented by Imagination Theatre
- How Do You Make It Funny...Comedy Secrets Revealed
- Red Phase Screech Owl Sighting at SANC!
- Big Magic Show March 8th to benefit Germantown Youth Futures