The Milwaukee Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution honored the winners of the American History Essay Contest and the DAR Good Citizen Contest at their monthly luncheon on February 2, 2013.
First place in 5th grade was Savannah Giuli from Carollton Elementary School in Oak Creek. She was entered by her teacher, Janice Posda.
The 6th grade winner was Katy Mollwitz from Trinity Lutheran School in Mequon. She was entered by her Principal Roger Tessendorf.
Finishing in first place were two students from Glen Hills Middle School, Glendale; 7th grader David Perry and 8th grader, Parker McMahon. Their essays were entered by their teacher, Lalitha Murali.
Selected as the High School Good Citizen winner was Anna Linton, a senior from Whitefish Bay High School, Whitefish Bay.
All of the students received $50, medals, and certificates. Their winning essays have been sent on for state level judging.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Advises Travelers to Take Precautions Against Bed Bugs this Spring Travel Season
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Acacia Theatre Present "Great Expectations" at Concordia University
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- Ozaukee Family Services' Spring Brunch - May 6
- New! LIFT Field Hockey!
- MOMS Club® of Mequon-Thiensville holding on-line auction to benefit Ozaukee Family Services