The Milwaukee Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution honored the winners of the American History Essay Contest and the DAR Good Citizen Contest at their monthly luncheon on February 2, 2013.
First place in 5th grade was Savannah Giuli from Carollton Elementary School in Oak Creek. She was entered by her teacher, Janice Posda.
The 6th grade winner was Katy Mollwitz from Trinity Lutheran School in Mequon. She was entered by her Principal Roger Tessendorf.
Finishing in first place were two students from Glen Hills Middle School, Glendale; 7th grader David Perry and 8th grader, Parker McMahon. Their essays were entered by their teacher, Lalitha Murali.
Selected as the High School Good Citizen winner was Anna Linton, a senior from Whitefish Bay High School, Whitefish Bay.
All of the students received $50, medals, and certificates. Their winning essays have been sent on for state level judging.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Antiques Appraisal Event
- Christmas for a Cause Holiday Shoppe
- M-T Sunrise Rotary Presents Annual Haunted Hayride
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Girls on the Run 5k "Turkey Trot"
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Family Sundays: Dia de los Muertos
- Homestead and Concordia Alum in Acacia Theatre’s Humorous “Fish Eyes”
- "What's in the Barn?" Open House at Unitarian Church North Oct. 18
- Noted Jewish Argentine Writer To Read at UWM Oct. 23