The Homestead H.S. Fine Arts Department presents the musical Brigadoon Feb. 14-17.
The story revolves around the characters Tommy Albright and Jeff Douglas. The New Yorkers are best friends who go to Scotland on a hunting trip. But while there, they get lost in the hills and discover a town that isn't on the map.
In that town, Tommy meets the local Fiona Campbell and they learn that the place is called Brigadoon. Further, it is the wedding day of her younger sister and they are invited to stay at the party. Meanwhile Tommy and Fiona fall in love.
Brigadoon is an enchanted place. It appears once every hundred years for one day, then disappears back into the mists of time, to wake up to its next day a century hence. When Tommy falls in love with
Fiona, a girl of the village, he realizes that she can never be part of his life back in America. Can he be part of hers in Brigadoon?
See for yourself Thurs., Feb. 14 through Sat., Feb. 16 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, Feb. 17 at 2 p.m. in the Homestead H.S. auditorium, 5000 W. Mequon Road in Mequon. Tickets are available on the day of the show and cost $10 for adults, $8 for students. Call (262) 238-5674 for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- Act FAST in cases of stroke
- Medical College of Wisconsin Open House
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
- Metabolic Syndrome — When the Sum is Greater than the ‘Parts’
- Trail-Run Wild at the Preserve
- Dog-Wash Fundraiser
- Employers’ Breakfast Meeting May 17 to Focus on Preparing Students with Disabilities for Employment
- River Cruise Seminar
- Milwaukee Handbell Ensemble's 10th Anniversary Concert