The Homestead H.S. Fine Arts Department presents the musical Brigadoon Feb. 14-17.
The story revolves around the characters Tommy Albright and Jeff Douglas. The New Yorkers are best friends who go to Scotland on a hunting trip. But while there, they get lost in the hills and discover a town that isn't on the map.
In that town, Tommy meets the local Fiona Campbell and they learn that the place is called Brigadoon. Further, it is the wedding day of her younger sister and they are invited to stay at the party. Meanwhile Tommy and Fiona fall in love.
Brigadoon is an enchanted place. It appears once every hundred years for one day, then disappears back into the mists of time, to wake up to its next day a century hence. When Tommy falls in love with
Fiona, a girl of the village, he realizes that she can never be part of his life back in America. Can he be part of hers in Brigadoon?
See for yourself Thurs., Feb. 14 through Sat., Feb. 16 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, Feb. 17 at 2 p.m. in the Homestead H.S. auditorium, 5000 W. Mequon Road in Mequon. Tickets are available on the day of the show and cost $10 for adults, $8 for students. Call (262) 238-5674 for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Francis Borgia Parish Hosts 'Breakfast with Baby Jesus' to House of Peace
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Smart Choice MRI Opens New Location in Waukesha County
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Mequon United Methodist Church Christmas Cantata - What a Gift
- Girl's Lacrosse Registration Now Open
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- City of Glendale to celebrate annual Menorah Lighting Ceremony at Bayshore Town Center
- 23rd Annual Homestead High School Holiday Celebration
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Home Improvement Ideas For Hosting The Holidays