The Homestead H.S. Fine Arts Department presents the musical Brigadoon Feb. 14-17.
The story revolves around the characters Tommy Albright and Jeff Douglas. The New Yorkers are best friends who go to Scotland on a hunting trip. But while there, they get lost in the hills and discover a town that isn't on the map.
In that town, Tommy meets the local Fiona Campbell and they learn that the place is called Brigadoon. Further, it is the wedding day of her younger sister and they are invited to stay at the party. Meanwhile Tommy and Fiona fall in love.
Brigadoon is an enchanted place. It appears once every hundred years for one day, then disappears back into the mists of time, to wake up to its next day a century hence. When Tommy falls in love with
Fiona, a girl of the village, he realizes that she can never be part of his life back in America. Can he be part of hers in Brigadoon?
See for yourself Thurs., Feb. 14 through Sat., Feb. 16 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, Feb. 17 at 2 p.m. in the Homestead H.S. auditorium, 5000 W. Mequon Road in Mequon. Tickets are available on the day of the show and cost $10 for adults, $8 for students. Call (262) 238-5674 for more information.
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Wauwatosa West Class of 2001 Reunion
- LOOKING FOR OLD GLENDALE POLICE VOLUNTEERS
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- Public Meeting About Lake Michigan Water Levels and Bluff Failure
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Art and Nature Provide the Backdrop for Artists in the Garden At the Boerner Botanical Gardens, August 20 and 21, 2016
- J&B Construction Company Suggests Best Siding for Wisconsin Weather
- ADVENT named a Fastest Growing Firm Two Consecutive Years
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!