Concordia University will have 25 students and three teachers from Shanghai Normal University visiting Feb. 15 through March 15 for a seminar on the American educational system. This is an important collaboration project for CUW’s School of Education and Global Academic Operations within the Office of International Student Services at Concordia.
“This international exchange program is designed on CUW’s foundation and is soundly representative of the University’s emphasis on excellence, as well as the liberal arts, holistic tradition of mind, body, and spirit,” said Dr. Michael Uden, Dean of CUW’s School of Education.
The visitors from SNU in China will be given opportunities during their visit to experience American culture firsthand, including taking part in Christian worship at First Immanuel Lutheran Church in Cedarburg and visiting with students at Homestead High and local elementary schools. Also on the agenda is a visit to the Milwaukee Art and Public Museums, along with Harley-Davidson.
“Our goal is make our Chinese visitors feel welcomed throughout their time with us here at CUW,” said Christine Kao, director of Asia-Pacific Region for CUW.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College’s Poll Worker Project Wins State-wide Award
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Offers Remodeling Ideas To Add Warmth
- Local insurance agency wins an award
- Milwaukee's My Princess & Me - Mom & Daughter Day
- And the oscar goes to...
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 10 Members
- "RUN FOR YOUR WIFE" presented by Imagination Theatre
- How Do You Make It Funny...Comedy Secrets Revealed
- Red Phase Screech Owl Sighting at SANC!
- Big Magic Show March 8th to benefit Germantown Youth Futures