Concordia University will have 25 students and three teachers from Shanghai Normal University visiting Feb. 15 through March 15 for a seminar on the American educational system. This is an important collaboration project for CUW’s School of Education and Global Academic Operations within the Office of International Student Services at Concordia.
“This international exchange program is designed on CUW’s foundation and is soundly representative of the University’s emphasis on excellence, as well as the liberal arts, holistic tradition of mind, body, and spirit,” said Dr. Michael Uden, Dean of CUW’s School of Education.
The visitors from SNU in China will be given opportunities during their visit to experience American culture firsthand, including taking part in Christian worship at First Immanuel Lutheran Church in Cedarburg and visiting with students at Homestead High and local elementary schools. Also on the agenda is a visit to the Milwaukee Art and Public Museums, along with Harley-Davidson.
“Our goal is make our Chinese visitors feel welcomed throughout their time with us here at CUW,” said Christine Kao, director of Asia-Pacific Region for CUW.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mount Mary University Presents Fashion BOOT Camp
- Gov. Scott Walker Reelection Speech April 15, 2015
- Big Spring Book Sale Set for Falls Library
- Newcastle Place completes 1,449.6 miles of cardiovascular activity as part of nationwide challenge for seniors
- North Shore Easter Egg Hunt Celebrates 44 Years of Bringing Joy to Children and Families
- Kids Rule Academy Recognized as Wisconsin’s Newest Elite Pre-School and Day Care Center
- UW Sea Grant to Host Pet Amnesty Day
- Newman Civic Fellows Award for 2014
- Best-Selling, Oprah Book Club Author Christina Schwarz Coming to Mount Mary
- Germantown High School Announces February Students of the Month