Gaby Musickant, 13, from Mequon appears in First Stage’s PINKALICIOUS THE MUSICAL, a fun-loving musical based on the popular book of the same name by Victoria Kann and Elizabeth Kann, playing at the Todd Wehr Theater at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts through March 27.
Gaby has been involved in theater since age 7. Her past First Stage performances include MY SON PINOCCHIO and JUNIE B. IN JINGLE BELLS, BATMAN SMELLS. Outside of First Stage, some of her favorite roles include Gretl in her school’s production of THE SOUND OF MUSIC, Molly in ANNIE, and Brigitta in Skylight Music Theatre’s production of THE SOUND OF MUSIC. Her favorite role to date is her current role in PINKALICIOUS.
“I really enjoy acting,” Gaby said. “My favorite part of performing is being able to carry people away to distant places with the character I play. I also love when young kids interact with the characters,” she added. She has learned a lot from being in shows, including patience, hard work and the importance of staying focused. “First Stage taught me to act professionally and have a strong work ethic. Most importantly, I have learned to have a positive attitude all the time when working with other people,” she said.
Gaby’s favorite thing about performing in PINKALICIOUS is the music, the fun and the high energy level.
“Our production creates a playful world of excessive pink, magical transformations and dancing cupcakes,” said First Stage Associate Artistic Director John Maclay, the director of this colorful musical adventure. “Our talented actors, designers and professional shops all played a part in bringing Pinkalicious, her world, her family, her friends, and several dancing cupcakes to life here at First Stage,” he continued.
About PINKALICIOUS THE MUSICAL: How much is too much pink? Pinkalicious Pinkerton will soon realize how much when she develops “pinkititis” from eating too many pink cupcakes and turns pink from head to toe! What starts off as a dream come true for the pink-loving enthusiast turns into a disaster as her hue goes a little too far! Will her broccoli-eating brother be able to help cure her before it’s too late? Experience this colorful musical adventure, and indulge in the sweetest treat in town!
PINKALICIOUS THE MUSICAL is recommended for everyone ages 3 and up, and runs through March 27. For tickets and more information, visit www.firststage.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New "Sporkies" Food Competition Has Wisconsin State Fair Vendors Competing For Coveted Golden Spork Award
- Beware of Memorial Day Scams Aimed at Military Personnel
- Better Business Bureau Urges Donor Caution After Tornadoes
- Melinda Myers to Present Free “Late Spring Rejuvenation for your Landscape” Seminar in at Stein's in Mequon on Sat., June 1
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Nine Kitchen Storage Solutions
- Ozaukee Family Services Fights Child Abuse
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- Act FAST in cases of stroke
- Medical College of Wisconsin Open House
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you